Odyssey website

kalel

Odyssey website
« on: 30 Aug 2008, 01:02 am »
Does anyone know what is up with the Odyssey website?  I tried to send an email to Klaus but it was returned undeliverable.  When I tried to go to the website it would not load.  Server problems perhaps?  Thx.

Kalel

kalel

Re: Odyssey website
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2008, 08:43 pm »
Never mind, now working.

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #2 on: 6 Sep 2008, 01:04 am »
I am working on a new web site, basic layout is ready but do not expect a high multimedia show, just information, pictures, references and more.

The problem is hosting company is kind of  :banghead: and I have been asking for access to the server according Klaus´ instructions but company has had a very bad service. (sever and odyssey´s current web site aren´t yet under my control)

I am targeting late this month as much to have a new site and hosting provider.

kalel

« Reply #3 on: 6 Sep 2008, 08:43 am »
Based on my past needs and what I have gathered from others on the Circle, something fancy is not necessary; just having accurate, complete, and up-to-date information with pics will please just about everyone.  Good luck on the host.

Kalel

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #4 on: 30 Sep 2008, 06:01 am »
Site is practically done, I am a little stressed because I hope you find it useful and fine after the long wait.

I just have to finish reviews, product registration and home page.

And just after this I will have to add KISMET information.

Worse of all is ait hosting provider is a complete pain in the ass, the main problem at this point.

P.D. Site is not similar to my Odyssey's site for Mexico, it is a new and different layout, yet simple, I will have also to switch my current web site to this new design but using my site colors black and blue.

Another good thing is that new web site files will be made available to other Odyssey distributors worldwide if they wish to.

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #5 on: 2 Oct 2008, 06:01 pm »
Still some data to be updated but it is done.  aa

AlexG

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 3 Oct 2008, 04:34 pm »
Eduardo,

Keep up the good work...and thanks in advance. I will keep in touch.  :thumb:

Cheers,

Alex

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #7 on: 3 Oct 2008, 08:22 pm »
Hi Alex, in fact the website is finished.

Other than some data updates there is nothing more to do.

When we unveil it I can comment on other things to do.

I hope klaus can get his server back on control.

Anyone knows how to deal with a crappy hosting provider lika AIT ?

Haoleb

« Reply #8 on: 3 Oct 2008, 09:28 pm »
Ive been using Godaddy for my hosting and it seems to be very easy to deal with and reliable. I have the hosting server setup as a remote network location and simply open up the folder to make changes. I only pay about 40 or 50 bucks a year.

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #9 on: 4 Oct 2008, 02:53 am »
Hi Haoleb, for over 11 years I have used hosting services from USA only, with great experience from Hypermart to 2globalmart and now with webhostingpad and services has been always good and support adequate, but this guys from AIT are really crap.

It is very interesting what you describe, using server as a remote network, very interesting.

The main problem is that they also control the odyssey domain so... We could simply walk out of AIT and host with other provider but the domain issue is a real problem.