Red Dragon Audio & Acoustic Zen - T.H.E. Show 2006

Red Dragon Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.reddragonaudio.com
« on: 12 Jan 2006, 04:57 pm »

In case you missed my earlier posting of pictures from our exhibit at T.H.E. Show 2006 - here are the better photos I snapped of our room.  Robert Lee of Acoustic Zen was very gracious and I truly enjoyed working with him. His speakers represent one of the best bargains in high end audio and would be a very good value even at twice their price.

Here is a list of components:
  • Resolution Audio Opus21 CD player modded by Great Northern Sound.
  • Modwright Preamp with Tung Sol tubes
  • Red Dragon Audio Leviathan Signature Monoblocks with optional matching custom stands.
  • Acoustic Zen Adagio full range speakers (30Hz-30kHz +/- 3dB 6ohms 89dB)
  • Acoustic Zen power, speaker and interconnect cables.
  • HHG Custom amp stands (www.hhgstands.com)[/list:u]

Fife12

« Reply #1 on: 12 Jan 2006, 05:49 pm »
I was quite impressed with teh AZ Adagio.
I thought the sound in the HT room next door was good using the Butler amp. The bamboo forest scene using House of Flying Daggers (Lovers) was a pretty good demo.

Wish I had room for another set of speakers!

PhilNYC

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2006, 06:13 pm »
Ryan,

I have to ask...how did you end up deciding to team up with Acoustic Zen?  Aesthetically, the red Adagio speakers and your amps with the dragon cutout-cover couldn't have been a better match...  :D  But I would have to imagine there's more to it than that...

Phil

Red Dragon Audio

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 12 Jan 2006, 09:35 pm »
Quote from: Fife12
I was quite impressed with teh AZ Adagio.
I thought the sound in the HT room next door was good using the Butler amp. The bamboo forest scene using House of Flying Daggers (Lovers) was a pretty good demo.

Wish I had room for another set of speakers!

Hey there's always room for Adagios! :wink:

Red Dragon Audio

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 12 Jan 2006, 09:47 pm »
Quote from: PhilNYC
Ryan,

I have to ask...how did you end up deciding to team up with Acoustic Zen?  Aesthetically, the red Adagio speakers and your amps with the dragon cutout-cover couldn't have been a better match...  :D  But I would have to imagine there's more to it than that...

Phil

Phil,

Yes some folks at first thought the speakers were Red Dragons!  Easy mistake to make since the Adagios are a deep RED.  :)

Robert was displaying his Adagio's at the RMAF last year right next door to my sleeping room.   One night he knocked on the door to ask if it would be okay to have a late night demo for one of his distributors and I said only if I could be there too.

So around 11pm that night he had his distributor there and I came for the demo as well.

I was very impressed with that brief cuts I heard and it eventually came about that we teamed up for T.H.E. Show (through some phone calls, my distributor back east and finally Robert listening to my amps in his own system for two months prior to T.H.E. Show sealed the deal).

It was a wonderful experience to share the room with Robert because he's a kind and honest man with a great product and reputation. I hope to show with him at this year's RMAF.

PhilNYC

« Reply #5 on: 12 Jan 2006, 09:57 pm »
Ryan, that's a great story...I'm picturing you showing up at his demo in your pajamas...  :lol:

If your east coast distributor has any interest in demoing your amps at one of our NY Audio Raves, please get in touch.  Our last 3 Raves have featured a number of digital/ICEPower amps, so I think the crew is hungry to hear more...

Red Dragon Audio

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 13 Jan 2006, 12:11 am »
Quote from: PhilNYC
Ryan, that's a great story...I'm picturing you showing up at his demo in your pajamas...  :lol:

:rotflmao: