Hello

xtype

Hello
« on: 22 Aug 2020, 12:37 am »
Hello everyone, a vinyl asylum escape inmate here.
Generally, I am a tube and horn enthusiast, however, I have been exploring digital and vintage Japanese gear lately.
Nothing good can come of it I am sure.
Thank you for having me.
-x

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: 22 Aug 2020, 02:00 am »
Hello everyone, a vinyl asylum escape inmate here.
Generally, I am a tube and horn enthusiast, however, I have been exploring digital and vintage Japanese gear lately.
Nothing good can come of it I am sure.
Thank you for having me.
-x
Welcome  :thumb:
Germany and Japan always was the best of hi-fi audio since ever, his audiophiles always were strongly oriented to low powered SET tube amps since the post war era, there is great masters of hi-fi in Japan as Sakuma, Jean Hiraga, Asai Kenichi and others, in Germany too but Iam not informed on this side of the old world.

The hi-fi Japanese market was so advanced that they classified hundreds of audio tubes and in the 1960s they printed the bible 100 Best Sound Tubes book where the first place was the German AD1 tube from 1936 invented by Telefunken for the German mail.

Definitely worth listening SET tube amps with hi sensitivity speakers around 100dB, dismiss speakers lower than 96dB and expensive boutique tubes as 300B and unobtanium US tubes as 211, 845, 805 there is great audio output tubes in Russia around $20/each.

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 22 Aug 2020, 12:55 pm »
Welcome!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: 22 Aug 2020, 01:56 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC  x    :thumb: