Looking for Bass Traps

rab1234

Looking for Bass Traps
« on: 23 Aug 2011, 02:35 pm »
Bryan

Im looking for (2) 4' long corner bass traps 12" x 12" to butt up against the 2 outboard vertical wall panels covered with same material as the existing panels (see photos). Can GIK help me?

Thanks

Rich

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
Re: Looking for Bass Traps
« Reply #1 on: 23 Aug 2011, 03:49 pm »
We can certainly do custom sizing.  We could do either 244 panels or Monster panels depending on which way you want to go.  Can't really see what material color that is.  Is it one of our stock Guilford colors?

Bryan

rab1234

« Reply #2 on: 23 Aug 2011, 07:44 pm »
The panels I have are the 242's and they are standard off-white. But I do what a bass trap type material. Before I say too much my knowledge is limited. Do you think I headed in the right direction? My stereo shop guy suggested I trap the end/corner some way.

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #3 on: 10 Sep 2011, 02:45 pm »
Sorry - been buried on the phone and with email and not enough forum time....

Corner trapping certainly has it's advantages though normally, one would straddle the corner to extend low end efficiency.  Based on your current setup, I might suggest that you simply move the existing outer panels over toward the center and put in a more standard sized panel in the corners.

Optimally, what we'd do is put something like Pillar Traps in the corners as they're going to reach a ton lower and are open on multiple sides. They can also tolerate being out of the corner a bit and still perform very well.

Bryan