Fire in the building

SET Man

Re: Fire in the building
« Reply #20 on: 30 Aug 2008, 04:49 am »
Very interesting! I roast coffee myself, for myself and co-workers. I have to stand there the whole time to manually stir, and outdoors, so no chance of fire during roast.
Louis was not roasting coffee....the coffee business on the lower floor was...

"... I have 3 huge coffee roasters under my shop "..... :wink:

Hey!

Oh! I see.... Hmmm, maybe those guys/girls coffee people fell asleep or something  :scratch:

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #21 on: 30 Aug 2008, 05:01 am »
Buddy....
...Hmmm, maybe those guys/girls coffee people fell asleep or something
Should of had a cup of coffee to keep awake..... :wink:

Its not a retail store Buddy...but a Coffee and Tea manufacturing company.

kbuzz3

« Reply #22 on: 30 Aug 2008, 02:55 pm »
I hope the coffee company' s insurance carrier pays louis for all damages in total and not try and pawn it off on Omega's carrier- leaving Louis in a bind between two insurance companies.

Unfortunately, this is the usual situation rather then the norm.  A good reason to pay for a "better" carrier like Fireman's and Chubb and ignore the Allstate and State Farms of the world.  Just my two cents as a repeat omega customer and one who has had the misfortune of dealing with insurance companies over the years.

As an added aside, i am laughing b/c a few years ago the nyc papers picked up the story of one of those wacky nyers who lived above a coffee store and fought for years to shut it down or add a very expensive aroma filtering ventilation system.  The shop went out of biz during the fight leaving us with choice between starbucks and starbucks

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
« Reply #23 on: 30 Aug 2008, 03:14 pm »
Sorry to hear about this Louis, hope all works out well.

One of the nice byproducts of this arrangement was when I received my speakers they had a pleasant roasted coffee aroma for about a week or two.  I would go up to the drivers and smell them everyday before listening to kinda connect with the whole thing (you know like new car smell.)  Louis was also kind enough to send me a sampling of some of this coffee with my speakers, very nice personal touch that reminded me of a different kind of marketplace.

All the best Louis.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #24 on: 31 Aug 2008, 12:02 am »
 :lol: That's funny Launche! Coffee flavored speakers!
I can hear it now: "What flavor Omega did you get?:rotflmao:

Louis, is it safe to assume when all is said and done you'll be receiving free coffee for awhile?  :wink:

Bob

Adriel

« Reply #25 on: 3 Sep 2008, 01:36 am »
Oh, I see.

Louis Chochos, I'm pretty sure you don't remember me. But I bought TS2R demo unit from you back in the day of tnt-audio reviews, then wanted to go no-whizzer so I got TS3R. Unfortunately smaller driver = smaller sound, so I would like to get 8 inch maxhemp alnico next, whenever you are ready.

Products came out so quickly through the years that I was unable to keep up. I had to keep holding out until the ultimate came.

Alwayswantmore

« Reply #26 on: 3 Sep 2008, 09:28 pm »
Oh, I see.

Louis Chochos, I'm pretty sure you don't remember me. But I bought TS2R demo unit from you back in the day of tnt-audio reviews, then wanted to go no-whizzer so I got TS3R. Unfortunately smaller driver = smaller sound, so I would like to get 8 inch maxhemp alnico next, whenever you are ready.

Products came out so quickly through the years that I was unable to keep up. I had to keep holding out until the ultimate came.
Just a suggestion: If you want to order product, you may want to call or send an e-mail. Even without the fire, Louis spends more time building speakers than he does watching this Circle. In my experience, Louis has always been available when you need him via phone or e-mail (found on his web site). Kent