THE 2500 DOLLAR SPEAKERS that SING

2bigears

Re: THE 2500 DOLLAR SPEAKERS that SING
« Reply #60 on: 1 Dec 2016, 04:09 pm »
 :D. Ohhhhh no.  Now let me look. And yes. Nicely stated. Very politically neutral.  Nice .  :D
          Investigating now.  But a large  speaker and a sub is too much. Thanks .  :D

sunnydaze

« Reply #61 on: 1 Dec 2016, 04:51 pm »
Just buy a new pair of BMR Philharmonitor speakers and be done with it.

And don't forgot the arc welder to power it!

2bigears

« Reply #62 on: 1 Dec 2016, 05:18 pm »
 :D   That BMR speaker does look of interest.  The s300's look good ,, but where do you buy them ?? Every set of speakers i've bought over the years have been on advice and recommendations. A few mistakes made and fun it was. Cost many a dollar. But it's a hobby. To be expected.
          Now in these seemingly end times i would very much like to somewhat nail this pick of a few good choices.  :D

charmerci

« Reply #63 on: 1 Dec 2016, 05:33 pm »

And don't forgot the arc welder to power it!

With an Anthem integrated in a condo/apt., don't think so.

Dennis doesn't fudge numbers. 84.5db sensitivity. http://philharmonicaudio.com/BMR%20Philharmonitor.html

2bigears

« Reply #64 on: 1 Dec 2016, 05:54 pm »
 :D   225 hp from the Anthem won't do it ??  i still have the kw750 i can plug into it,,,, ha  750hp should kick those puppies ass ??
            not really the path i wanted to go down ,, i thought a  daily stout integrated was the way to go ,,  simplify and right size,,  :D
              maybe i should have just bought a decent preamp. but to have an amp with crazy power seems silly ,,
                 till you run into a heavy load ..  :D

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #65 on: 1 Dec 2016, 06:08 pm »
:D   That BMR speaker does look of interest.  The s300's look good ,, but where do you buy them ?? Every set of speakers i've bought over the years have been on advice and recommendations. A few mistakes made and fun it was. Cost many a dollar. But it's a hobby. To be expected.
          Now in these seemingly end times i would very much like to somewhat nail this pick of a few good choices.  :D
The S300s are available only online; that's how they keep the price down. They do include free worldwide shipping and free return shipping if not happy within 30 days: http://www.buchardt-audio.com/pages/listen-at-home
The price starts at $1025 USD
Thanks for mentioning my K+H 0300s, JLM! They still have not sold and aren't that big (15X11X10", W/D/H). Pack a punch, though.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #66 on: 1 Dec 2016, 06:10 pm »
:D   That BMR speaker does look of interest.

They are actually pretty good for what they are. They also use BMR drivers in the Minx series if you want to go super small, but they will require bass augmentation.

2bigears

« Reply #67 on: 1 Dec 2016, 06:35 pm »
 :D   ok,  getting close.  those 300's are that cheap/economical and free shipping worldwide.   ohhhhh my.  i just might bite here ..
           you can even send them back ????  holy moly ,, i really want to stay 0n-shore ,,,, but this is of serious interest ,,  :D
               these 300's must be good.  they say no sub needed.  and the BMR is the same.  both have equal cost .  dam !!!!! :D

Wind Chaser

« Reply #68 on: 1 Dec 2016, 07:06 pm »
Pat,

You're moving, right? Possibly to Kelowna? It's a nice place, but have you chosen your new digs yet?

The reason I ask is... before I moved from Alberta to the Penticton area in 98, I almost sold my speakers thinking they'd be too big for the new space. At that time I considered some smaller speakers (Totem One Signatures) as I thought I'd end up with a small listening space. However, in the end I'm glad I kept my much better and bigger floor standing speakers because when I finally found a place, the room turned out to be a non issue.

So what I'm saying is, if you haven't found a place yet, don't make a decision yet. You might find yourself situated in a nice place with a decent view like...

Wind Chaser

« Reply #69 on: 1 Dec 2016, 07:08 pm »
these 300's must be good.  they say no sub needed.  and the BMR is the same.  both have equal cost .  dam !!!!! :D

The S300 does not have BMR drivers.

2bigears

« Reply #70 on: 1 Dec 2016, 07:21 pm »
 :D   nice view .... my big speakers are gone. big preamp gone.  need to sell my amp ,, good lord.
           i still like Penticton but now thinking Kelowna.  1000 bucks or 1500 is not a lot.  these will fit the bill for a while . 
             you got a nice place there ,,,, you don't have a room to rent do you ??  might be coming next week for a peak ,,,, :D

Wind Chaser

« Reply #71 on: 1 Dec 2016, 07:34 pm »
You're welcome to drop in for a visit, but sorry, no room to rent. Whether you are looking to buy or rent, I can help you find a nice place in keeping with your budget.

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #72 on: 1 Dec 2016, 10:04 pm »
Did you sell your house.