Serial Numbers

1ZIP

Serial Numbers
« on: 27 Mar 2009, 01:38 am »
James;

I'm curious, do the serial numbers include the manufacture date?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Serial Numbers
« Reply #1 on: 27 Mar 2009, 01:40 am »
James;

I'm curious, do the serial numbers include the manufacture date?

Hi,

No - there is a date code as well as the serial number on the back though that shows the date of manufacture.

james

denjo

« Reply #2 on: 27 Mar 2009, 08:26 am »
Hi James

I think it would be quite a good practice to get the Bryston employee who has put the parts together with TLC to autograph at the back of the equipment and to offer that as an option to the proud Bryston owner! It is one way of showing that the employee is valued and it would be an interesting archive to muse about in the decades to come! AudioNote has such a practice and I believe McCormack also has such a practice.

As for me, I have a little label behind my B100 SST that was signed by someone no less than the VP himself!  :D

Best Regards
Dennis

1ZIP

« Reply #3 on: 27 Mar 2009, 05:06 pm »
"I think it would be quite a good practice to get the Bryston employee who has put the parts together with TLC to autograph at the back of the equipment and to offer that as an option to the proud Bryston owner! "

For no increase in price I assume.

werd

« Reply #4 on: 27 Mar 2009, 05:34 pm »
I think it would be even more kewl to have your amp autographed by a musician. I would like to see  Geddy Lee or Jaco pastorius autograph my 4B. Actually what kinda writing utensil would be good for that on the Bryston exterior chassis. Incase i get the chance......  :icon_lol:

P.S
i know jaco is dead, just an example

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #5 on: 27 Mar 2009, 07:09 pm »
Hi James

I think it would be quite a good practice to get the Bryston employee who has put the parts together with TLC to autograph at the back of the equipment and to offer that as an option to the proud Bryston owner! It is one way of showing that the employee is valued and it would be an interesting archive to muse about in the decades to come! AudioNote has such a practice and I believe McCormack also has such a practice.

As for me, I have a little label behind my B100 SST that was signed by someone no less than the VP himself!  :D

Best Regards
Dennis

Dennis,

how come that he signed your amp? that's cool somehow...

al.

1oldguy

« Reply #6 on: 19 Jun 2009, 04:43 pm »
I once had a compound bow with a custom sticker on it that said, 'Made By Abramam'.
I kinda like the Idea too. aa