Latest Live Shows You've Been To...

TRB1961

Re: Latest Live Shows You've Been To...
« Reply #1420 on: 30 Sep 2023, 08:36 am »
Saw Lauren Daigle in Grand Rapids last week.  Great energy and she really engages with the audience.  What a voice!

rockadanny

« Reply #1421 on: 26 Jan 2024, 12:43 am »
The local historic theatre downtown puts on a few jazz tribute shows throughout the year with a local group of very talented musicians. The group has a name, but I can never recall.  :duh:
Anyway, this past Sunday was a tribute to Chick Corea. Excellent music and performance.

Later this year they're doing a tribute to Cannonball Adderley. I'll definitely be there for that one as well.
@schw06

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #1422 on: 26 Jan 2024, 02:07 pm »
Didn't see them yet (going to see them in Boston in April) but I bought my tickets the other day to see the Black Crowes for the first time in 15+ years.    :green: :green: :green:

https://theblackcrowes.com/news/the-black-crowes-announce-35-date-happiness-bastards-tour/

George

ctviggen

« Reply #1423 on: 26 Jan 2024, 03:02 pm »
My 16 year old wanted to go see The Mountain Goats.  So, we went together.  They were great, every person on stage was a true musician.  The drummer and base player were great.  They had a guy who played sax, keyboards, and guitar, and a woman who played fiddle and guitar. One song where the sax and fiddle went at it together. And the lead singer also plays guitar, writes the songs, plays other instruments.  If you can get over his voice, the songs are great.

This is probably their best-known song and the one where everyone (except me) knew the words:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS27S3mspjU

It was quite an audience.  Everyone from teens to older folks. 

And I was pretty much blown away at the talent.

artur9

« Reply #1424 on: 27 Jan 2024, 06:44 am »
Saturday, I was blessed to attend a violin/piano concert (recital?) featuring Kinga Augustyn at the Havre de Grace Opera House. 6 rows from the stage in a tiny opera house seating maybe 200 - sadly only about 1/3 full (we'll blame the arctic freeze/snow for that, yeah, that's the ticket!). The majority of what she played wasn't familiar to me. The Saint Saens and Schindler's List were fantastic!

Acoustic music in a real space indeed!

rodge827

« Reply #1425 on: 20 Apr 2024, 02:06 am »
Just got back from Papa Chubby at The Lizzie Rose Music Room in Tuckerton NJ. Small intimate setting with some of the best lift you outta your seat electric blues I’ve heard live in a while still fired up!

https://www.popachubby.com/