Triode Wire Labs 8 Plus (Used and improved)

dflee

Triode Wire Labs 8 Plus (Used and improved)
« on: 18 Oct 2012, 02:58 am »
Thanks Pete and I am so screwed!
I haven't been able to purchase much lately but through saved up monies purchased a new dac (thanks Rollo for the help). After break in, I decided to
try out a better than stock cable. Again through recommendation and reading, I contacted Pete concerning one of his cords. We wrote back and forth
and I asked if there were any used available and was informed of the 8 that he had on trade in. Now while it is used, the rework he performed on
this PC making it a Plus version really impressed me so I bought one. Now I already have three aftermarkets and the one I had available for the DAC just didn't
cut it so the plus went there first. Right out of the box (bag in this case), I knew I had something special. The PC improved in all the metaphorical areas people use when
describing exceptional equipment. I was pleased at all it brought out of my system as a whole. My wife even commented and that is a major accomplishment. The cord
is more flexible than others but retains a good heft to it and the connectors are quite good in quality and fit snugly.
If you are looking for a great PC, I can't stress enough that if he has any of these "used" cables to give them a try.

Now as to being so screwed. I have switched around the PCs to see what would happen since I use my system with various sources other than the dac (tuner,
dvd, cdp and cable) pre and amp. The improvement while on the pre enhanced the overall sound but left the dac lacking somewhat. The dilemma is the best sound through
the dac is with Pete's cable on it but then the other sources lose the detail I had while on the pre.
I will have another Triode Wire Labs cable someday (hopefully in the near future). I can't thank Pete enough for everything he helped me with. If others upgrade and more
of these cables become available, you really need to check one out for yourself, but be prepared to be screwed.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Re: Triode Wire Labs 8 Plus (Used and improved)
« Reply #1 on: 18 Oct 2012, 04:04 am »
Do you know what was actually done with the trade-in 8 to make it a Plus? Thanks.

Cheers,
Robin

BobM

« Reply #2 on: 18 Oct 2012, 12:34 pm »
Ask Her ...

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #3 on: 18 Oct 2012, 02:20 pm »
  The addition of ? Where ? How ? The million dollar question which will remain as such. Just cannot say.

charles

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #4 on: 18 Oct 2012, 10:56 pm »
Do you know what was actually done with the trade-in 8 to make it a Plus? Thanks.

Cheers,
Robin

Hey Robin,
To upgrade my original cords (Eight American, Ten American & Twelve American) to PLUS status, I perform the following -

I disassemble the cord, add a precise amount of completely passive filtering (within 0.10 grams), polish the exposed copper plugs, install new strain reliefs, new heat shrink and then to send to my cryogenic vendor in New England for a full, 4 day deep immersion treatment. I then "re-burn" the cord with my audiodharma Cable Cooker Anniversary Edition 3.0 for about 4-6 days, depending on AWG.

I had several "trade-in" original 8's from a very good customer in NYC with an UBER system (his preamp alone is the 4 chassis, $42K Lamm LL1). He traded in eight of his original "8 American" cords after hearing & upgrading to my new "Seven Plus" cords.

Cheers,
Pete

PS - Hope to see you at a NY Rave soon! Been too long, my friend!

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #5 on: 18 Oct 2012, 11:03 pm »
Thanks for chiming in Pete and for what it's worth, I wasn't believing the fairy dust tail, err I mean tale.  :lol:  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

ltr317

« Reply #6 on: 18 Oct 2012, 11:09 pm »
Hi Pete,

Hope you had an excellent time at RMAF.  I'm using one of Pete's 8+ pc for my review of the Von Gaylord Alpha power amp, and it is a nice improvement over the Sjorn pc I have been using in my system.   :thumb: :thumb:

Cheers,
Paul

p.s. The 8+ pc is a loaner so thanks to Pete for his generosity of the loan. 

Rclark

« Reply #7 on: 18 Oct 2012, 11:11 pm »
I really enjoyed using these power cords on the Ncore Tour, and they look awesome.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #8 on: 19 Oct 2012, 01:06 am »
If for no other reason than Pete is the nicest guy on the planet, you should buy his cables!!  We finally met at RMAF and you all should just blindly buy his cables without any reservations. :thumb:

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #9 on: 19 Oct 2012, 01:34 am »
If for no other reason than Pete is the nicest guy on the planet, you should buy his cables!!  We finally met at RMAF and you all should just blindly buy his cables without any reservations. :thumb:

Agreed! Not only is Pete one really nice guy, his cables are fairly priced and while I haven't personally tried them out, the glowing reviews from those who have speaks for itself (many whom I know personally). I'd have no problem recommending to anyone to give them a 30 day audition try and simply send them back if they're not for you.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

dflee

« Reply #10 on: 19 Oct 2012, 02:09 am »
Thanks for the input Pete. I knew I wasn't up to the task of answering Robin's question properly.

Don