Impact of other speakers, objects next to Maggies (LRS)?

Saturn94

As I wait for my LRS (delivery expected sometime next month) I’m thinking about placement.

I don’t plan to replace my current speakers (Soundfield Audio Monitor 1) and wonder if the Maggies can live happily next to them.  I’m thinking since Maggies don’t radiate much to the sides SQ impact would be minimal?  No?  Yes?

Or should I plan to push the Soundfields back against the wall when using the Maggies?

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Re: Impact of other speakers, objects next to Maggies (LRS)?
« Reply #1 on: 23 Aug 2019, 12:50 am »
I had 3.6 Mapnepan for 8 years. Now I own 20.7 Maggies. IMO having a speaker next to the side of a pair of dipoles should not be much of a problem (IF the second speakers are on the outside)
If the second pair are on the inside I would think you would notice.
No solid evidence for or against. just my opinion.
I own an old pair of small, narrow, but tall speakers (Canton CD300) I never use, yet they are around. No problem. ne is next to the window with a bird playground in it. The other tucked in a 'corner' next to the shelving actually in the corner. No problem in my mind with either.

Saturn94

« Reply #2 on: 23 Aug 2019, 12:57 am »
Thanks for your input. :)

The Soundfields are set pretty wide, so the LRS would likely be to the inside of them.

Bird playground?  You have parrots?

SET Man

« Reply #3 on: 23 Aug 2019, 04:37 pm »
As I wait for my LRS (delivery expected sometime next month) I’m thinking about placement.

I don’t plan to replace my current speakers (Soundfield Audio Monitor 1) and wonder if the Maggies can live happily next to them.  I’m thinking since Maggies don’t radiate much to the sides SQ impact would be minimal?  No?  Yes?

Or should I plan to push the Soundfields back against the wall when using the Maggies?

Hey!

They are small monitors on stands right? So, they shouldn't effect much next to Maggies, sound stage wise.

But even tough they those monitors are not playing. They will effect the bass respond of the Maggies. Those woofers will react to the bass coming out of Maggies and the room. You should short out those woofer while they are not playing, just alligator clips across the woofer + and - terminals will do. By the way, you should try listening to Maggies with your monitor's woofers shorted out and open. You might like the sound with those monitor's woofers open.

And congratulation on your new Maggies.

Buddy

Saturn94

« Reply #4 on: 23 Aug 2019, 05:07 pm »
Thanks for the tips.  :)

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #5 on: 23 Aug 2019, 06:09 pm »
Hey!

They are small monitors on stands right? So, they shouldn't effect much next to Maggies, sound stage wise.

But even tough they those monitors are not playing. They will effect the bass respond of the Maggies. Those woofers will react to the bass coming out of Maggies and the room. You should short out those woofer while they are not playing, just alligator clips across the woofer + and - terminals will do. By the way, you should try listening to Maggies with your monitor's woofers shorted out and open. You might like the sound with those monitor's woofers open.

And congratulation on your new Maggies.

Buddy

Buddy said it first short those suckers out and listen both ways. The woofer interaction may be a benefit, stranger things can happen.

charles