SOLD!!! Rega P3-24 Turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Blue Cart

mchuckp

***SOLD***

Asking $550 OBO +shipping (I'll cover PP fees)
LOCAL BUYERS in PNW: I'm in Oregon if there are any buyers in the PNW who wants to meet up for a sale.  Will cut a good deal to avoid shipping it. 

I'm downsizing and decided to exit vinyl.  Therefore my beloved Rega P3-24 Turntable needs a new home.  I bought this table in 2011 from an authorized dealer in Portland, OR and have been the sole owner and have taken excellent care of it.  It has been used over the years but pretty modestly.  I'd say in the last 3-4 years, it has only been used maybe 10 hrs tops.  The table has always been on my rack and stored with the cover on it except for when it is being used.  The cover has a few light scratches but all and all, really great shape.  The only thing I see on the table itself is a hint of white on the right side edge (see pic).  I suspect it has always been like this but not 100%.

The dealer installed an Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge for me and also added the spacers to the tonearm.  Please note that the spacers make it so that you cannot play records while the cover is on.  Cover fits when locked off and not running.  You can remove the spacers if you like but requires removing the tonearm.  This unit has the glass platter and also the felt mat that has never been used.  I used a Music Hall cork mat that I will also include with this sale.  Please note there is a little tear on the center of this mat when my cat bit on it before I ever got a chance to use it.  I've used it anyway.  I will also include a stylus and record brush.  I do have the original box but don't seem to have a manual.  But it can be found here: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/558966/Rega-P3-24.html

Here is some add'l info on the table:
High-Performance Plinth Material
The new Rega P3-24 turntable plinth is both slim and attractive and offers high levels of rigidity by using phenolic resin laminates, with a high quality edging. It is a considerable improvement over the current P2 turntable.

High-Performance Motor
The Rega P3-24 turntable uses the same very high quality, low vibration 24-volt motor that is used in the Rega P5 and P9 turntables. The controlling circuitry has been adjusted for phase angle of the motor coils resulting in very low vibration levels from the complete motor assembly. This design change gives a considerable performance increase over its predecessor — the Rega P3 2000 turntable.

RB301 Tonearm
The world-renowned and highly regarded Rega RB300 tonearm has been modified to improve production and deliver higher musical sound performance. An improved vertical bearing housing has been used, which gives improved rigidly in the tonearms mounting, reducing the stresses in the main 13mm bearings. This assembly is topped off with the improved RB700 bias housing phono cable.

High-Quality Drive, Platter and Main Bearing
The same high quality drive belt, main bearing and glass platter are carried over from the past P3 2000.

And here are some pix:

« Last Edit: 24 Feb 2023, 12:13 am by mchuckp »