Brazil's Sao Paolu Audio Show: Odyssey powering best room

Eduardo AAVM

The text of the audioperformance.com.ar (argentinian web site) says that the best room was this one, but the system room was set up by and LP dealer and not and AV dealer, anyway the argenitinian site says it was probably the best sounding system altough it doesn't mention Odyssey specifically.

In spanish it states:
"Probablemente el setup más logrado de la expo. Seguramente el más musical.

El propietario de esta instalación no vende ni fabrica equipos de audio. Vende vinilos.

Bandeja giradiscos SME modelo 10 y brazo SME serie 5, cápsula Sumiko modelo Celebration y pantallas Quad ESL-989, las tope de línea.

A los dos minutos de sentarse en la fila cero al medio uno se olvida del sonido y simplemente se pone a escuchar música.

Quizá la clave del sonido de este stand sea que el propietario, dueño de una afabilidad poco común, simplemente trajo el equipo de su casa. Esto implica conocimiento profundo de las propiedades del sistema y de su setup (declara tener este equipo hace por lo menos 3 años) y... break in holgadamente cumplido. Repito, por si pasó inadvertido: break in holgadamente cumplido. Como se ve, no hay magia. O sí?  Nos olvidábamos del front end analógico y de las Quad."

http://www.audioperformance.com.ar/4/Expo-SAO-2k3/index.htm

I'll try to translate later....

moyses

« Reply #1 on: 28 Oct 2003, 12:48 pm »
Hi Eduardo:
That's my room at the Trade Show in Sao Paulo !! I remember the two visitors from Argentina but I didn't know they were going to write a review about what they saw in my room. I did send pictures to Klaus, and there is mention of my room in www.enjoythemusic.com.
I am in fact an audio distributor here in Brazil not just an audio fan, and it is not true that I only sell vinyl. I don't know were they got that idea from, although I do represent Speakerscorner here in Brazil.
I also do QUAD, CREEK, PROAC, SPENDOR, CROFT, EXPOSURE, SME,
and I am trying to make ODYSSEY known here.
If you look carefully at the picture you will see that the front end is the new QUAD CDP99 (24/192 2X upsampling with volume control) in addition to the SME rig (SME V arm plus Sumiko celebration cartridge).
The sound was indeed considered by many as one if not the best in the Show.
Cheers,
Moyses

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #2 on: 28 Oct 2003, 03:02 pm »
Hello Moyses, I supposed if it was Odyssey it had to be your room and yes it was. No problem we know and see you are a pro, if those guys think you only sell LP, Who cares ? Anyway your room was a good sensation and a good sounding one, that is what really matters.

Congratulations.

JoshK

« Reply #3 on: 28 Oct 2003, 04:00 pm »
Muito Bem!