Rocket RS1000 better than Salk SongTower QWT???

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
Re: Rocket RS1000 better than Salk SongTower QWT???
« Reply #60 on: 24 Apr 2009, 05:57 am »

cmryan21

« Reply #61 on: 24 Apr 2009, 11:10 am »
Well, I'm late to the party but I feel that I must add that at least with Salk speakers you can rest assured that you will receive them. Not so much with Rockets.

cujobob

« Reply #62 on: 24 Apr 2009, 08:45 pm »
You guys are awfully quick to flame AV123 just because someone didn't like Salk best, IMHO...get over it.  People have different tastes.  Most websites for speaker companies have awards advertised...this is no different even if the site isn't as well known.  Most places still show distortion tests for speakers...even though it's mostly inaudible.  People eat it up and claim them to be superior reviews....yeahhhhh....no.

SlushPuppy

« Reply #63 on: 24 Apr 2009, 08:54 pm »
Hey buddy, I have Rockets. The same ones that just won the "Award". For the most part this was a discussion of a non-review loudspeaker ranking, and how MLS made it out to be some kind of major feather in his cap. Or didn't you read the thread before you went off half-cocked?

Are you Mike the Reviewer?  :lol:

SlushPuppy

« Reply #64 on: 24 Apr 2009, 08:56 pm »
Not worth it.

cujobob

« Reply #65 on: 25 Apr 2009, 01:08 am »
Hey buddy, I have Rockets. The same ones that just won the "Award". For the most part this was a discussion of a non-review loudspeaker ranking, and how MLS made it out to be some kind of major feather in his cap. Or didn't you read the thread before you went off half-cocked?

There are awards being won by all sorts of speaker companies with offerings most would consider to be inferior to the Songtowers.  Have you seen the lists of recommended products that every magazine puts out....how many of those do you actually agree with?  AV123 is a business...marketing is a part of that.  Btw, Dunkin Donuts coffee is better than Starbucks according to their commercial.  Lastly, I'm not your buddy, guy :-p

SlushPuppy

« Reply #66 on: 25 Apr 2009, 01:39 am »

There are awards being won by all sorts of speaker companies with offerings most would consider to be inferior to the Songtowers.  Have you seen the lists of recommended products that every magazine puts out....how many of those do you actually agree with?  AV123 is a business...marketing is a part of that.  Btw, Dunkin Donuts coffee is better than Starbucks according to their commercial.  Lastly, I'm not your buddy, guy :-p

Most legitimate reviews are done by reviewers with some credibility. An overall reputation for honesty. A solid review methodology. Descriptions of the reviewers system, his room, his music preferences. If you owned a company and had a product that you were proud of, would you send out a mass email stating you won an "award" that was really just a user opinion from a guy named "Mike"? I mean seriously, the guy that runs the review site already said anyone could be an expert. Just fill out a web form and wait for "approval". There wasn't even a review, just a basic description of the speaker. And how much of an "expert" was Mike anyway? He said the speaker had 6 midrange drivers for goodness sakes! If that is marketing it's BAD marketing, and it doesnt take a degree in the field to figure that one out.