Welcome! - The Vinyl Circle

singlemania

Re: Welcome! - The Vinyl Circle
« Reply #40 on: 11 Aug 2011, 11:02 pm »
Hi I'm new here but I know a few of the regular posters from another forum. I'm more of a vinyl collector with basic knowledge of equipment, although I like to dabble in cartridge loading and I'm a sucker for experimenting with new styluses with different profiles.  I'm fortunate to work from home and get the opportunity to listen near field to vinyl for 8 hours most days while working at my pc  :D. As you will see from my system profile I have a collection of vintage hifi and admit to being somewhat of a hoarder :roll:

Tim

vinyl_lady

« Reply #41 on: 12 Aug 2011, 04:15 am »
Hi Tim :wave:,

Welcome to the Vinyl circle at AC. Lots of good folks hang out here. I'm meeting two of them (Mr & Mrs Pumpkinman) next week at the rock n roll HOF. :thumb: Lots of interesting threads too. I will be most interested in your postings in "what LPs have you listend to recently" thread. Our musical preferences have a lot in common. Nice systems!

Laura

jimdgoulding

« Reply #42 on: 12 Aug 2011, 04:29 am »
Lady Laura, you git to Huston you betta let me pick you up and bring you to my pleasure dome and we'll listen to some rock and roll!  Plus, I KNOW where to eat some of Huston's tastiest tidbits (know where the record stores are, too) and you would, of course, be my guest.  I'm serious and would love to be your host for an evening.  Ya'll come on now, ya here!  Don't be shy.

DaveyW

« Reply #43 on: 12 Aug 2011, 05:40 am »
Hi Tim,
Great to see you here  8)
Looking forward to reading your posts and hearing about your recent vinyl exploits.
Cheers
Dave

vinyl_lady

« Reply #44 on: 12 Aug 2011, 01:49 pm »
Lady Laura, you git to Huston you betta let me pick you up and bring you to my pleasure dome and we'll listen to some rock and roll!  Plus, I KNOW where to eat some of Huston's tastiest tidbits (know where the record stores are, too) and you would, of course, be my guest.  I'm serious and would love to be your host for an evening.  Ya'll come on now, ya here!  Don't be shy.

Thanks for the invite Jim. That sounds like an enjoyable day/evening--record stores, food, beverages, music and good company. My memories of Houston from the 90s (besides the humidity :lol:), is that it has some of the best restaurants in the country and there was/is a row of them on Westheimer. I'll bet you know some of the best that are known only to locals :thumb:. I'll definitely let you know if my travels take me to your neck of the woods.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #45 on: 12 Aug 2011, 02:26 pm »
Thanks for the invite Jim. That sounds like an enjoyable day/evening--record stores, food, beverages, music and good company. My memories of Houston from the 90s (besides the humidity :lol:), is that it has some of the best restaurants in the country and there was/is a row of them on Westheimer. I'll bet you know some of the best that are known only to locals :thumb:. I'll definitely let you know if my travels take me to your neck of the woods.
That would be fantabulous.  Cheers.

singlemania

« Reply #46 on: 13 Aug 2011, 08:08 am »
Thanks you for the warm welcome. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and will enjoy reading the earlier postings and hopefully make a positive contribution to the circle.  :wave:

Laura - I'm currently listening to a compilation of British Acid Folk which Steven Collins of the Owl Service put together which I found here under the 7th April entry http://www.rifmountain.com/
It will give you a good insight into some of the more elusive Brit Acid Folk bands from the golden era of the late 60s to early 70s.

I've seen Steven and the Owl Service a few times, their best performance being at the Green Man Festival. The legendary Alison O'Donnell of Mellow Candle has collaborated recently with the Owl Service on a few songs.

I had hoped to be at the Cropedy Convention http://fairportconvention.com/guide.php  this weekend to see Fairport Convention again and perhaps get a chance to chat with Judy Dyble (Femvox on 1st Fairport LP and of Trader Horne fame, along with many other outputs), but alas some health problems have quashed that notion.

fscl

« Reply #47 on: 28 Sep 2011, 04:49 pm »
Hi, this is my first post, been lurking since things started disappearing elsewhere...... :o :)

Fred :wave:

DaveyW

« Reply #48 on: 2 Oct 2011, 09:08 pm »
8) - Hi Fred,

Great to see you here  :thumb:

How's things? We need a report of what you've been up to and what you're spinning with now.
Am about a year out of date  :(

Cheers
Dave

vinyl_lady

« Reply #49 on: 2 Oct 2011, 09:33 pm »
Hi, this is my first post, been lurking since things started disappearing elsewhere...... :o :)

Welcome! Lots of good folks lurking around here. :D

Laura

TheChairGuy

« Reply #50 on: 2 Oct 2011, 11:31 pm »

Hey, happy to see you here, Fred.

John

orthobiz

« Reply #51 on: 3 Oct 2011, 12:16 am »
Davey knows Fred?
Welcome! Whatcha spinnin?

Paul

fscl

« Reply #52 on: 18 Oct 2011, 04:03 pm »
Hi everybody,

Thanks for the welcome.  Since I lurk, didn't notice that my post was approved.

Primary tt is a JVC Y55F with Pickering XV-15.  Everything stock, love the sound.... :)  AR XA and XB along with Technics linears which I also enjoy listening to and fixing..... and a bunch of nice orphaned tts needing a bit of TLC.

Looking forward to contributing a bit more....

Fred

BaMorin

• AR turntable rebuilder/modifyer
« Reply #53 on: 19 Oct 2011, 11:21 am »
Hi everybody,

Thanks for the welcome.  Since I lurk, didn't notice that my post was approved.

Primary tt is a JVC Y55F with Pickering XV-15.  Everything stock, love the sound.... :)  AR XA and XB along with Technics linears which I also enjoy listening to and fixing..... and a bunch of nice orphaned tts needing a bit of TLC.

Looking forward to contributing a bit more....

Fred

Ya mean i have "AR Company finally?    :thumb:   Glad to see you made it.

Mitsuman

• Diamond Tone Junkie
« Reply #54 on: 19 Oct 2011, 05:21 pm »

Hey Fred, welcome :beer:

DEV

« Reply #55 on: 21 Oct 2011, 03:20 pm »
Hi I'm new here but I know a few of the regular posters from another forum. I'm more of a vinyl collector with basic knowledge of equipment, although I like to dabble in cartridge loading and I'm a sucker for experimenting with new styluses with different profiles.  I'm fortunate to work from home and get the opportunity to listen near field to vinyl for 8 hours most days while working at my pc  :D. As you will see from my system profile I have a collection of vintage hifi and admit to being somewhat of a hoarder :roll:

Tim

Welcome, what does your set-up consist of? Post some pics.

edriz

« Reply #56 on: 14 Nov 2011, 07:47 pm »
Hello All, Im also new here and a vinyl junkie. Been listening to vinyl since the way early 60's and have managed to collect 4300+ records over the years. I prefer new vinyl but will get into a used record if I know where it's been. I have all analogue,vintage gear with some since it was new.

One day soon I'll post some pics of what I call "My Vintage Junk".
Looks like this will be a regular home for me since I do 85% of my listening with vinyl, the other 15% I'd have to say is tape, both cassette and Open Reel.
Ed

RW Oliver

« Reply #57 on: 4 Jun 2012, 04:02 am »
Hi All --after 30 years or so I am digging up some vinyl that has been stored away --now all I have to do is put together a system to listen with

Since this is for lovers of vinyl  I post a few pictures of the JVC cutting center in Los Angeles-- a lot of vinyl was mastered there

painted_klown

« Reply #58 on: 11 Sep 2012, 03:56 pm »
Hello guys.

New guy here. Just looking to get into vinyl. I have been lurking for a little bit, just reading the "Newbie" and "Cleaning Secrets" threads.

It's overwhelming, everything that goes into proper vinyl care and playback.  :o

Anyway, just here to learn a bit and hopefully get to some great music hunts and listening sessions.  :D

-Dave

orthobiz

« Reply #59 on: 12 Sep 2012, 02:53 am »
Welcome to the forum!

Paul