Helpful tip to those who want! Shipping large items. Look inside.

Shives

• I like French fries
Good morning!!

So, this might be a little off-topic from the normal speaker building and crossover questions.

Today, I want to give a some good information about how to get your new speakers across country!

So, In the past 2 weeks I’ve been networking with a lot of you! (Thanks!! Met many awesome folks) Trying to figure out ways to get a set of X-Statik’s home and in my living room.  Some of these folks are also looking for Super V’s and other Gr speakers that have been built, or a AV123 cabinet’s, or amps and such (Some of us don’t have the room to build cabinets sadly)

I want to introduce U-Ship (www.Uship.com)

This is a peer to peer shipping network system.

How it works.. download the app or go to the web sit. It’s FREE to sign up!

What this system does is allow you to 1. Post up a quote wanted add, or 2. Set your price you want to pay, and people will reach out.

I’ve used this system since 2010 when I got my GSXR home from Florida. The trip was FL to MA! And they picked up 7 boxes for me as well. The charge, 325.00

Recently, well currently I’ve been able to locate a beautiful X-Statik set! Thank you AS!!

Location is IA!

Only took a few days to find someone with room on a load to bring them back to me. Now, the shippers you can check there feedback, and ratings to see who you would want, and not want to move your goods! As well, GPS tracking!!  Top that with the insurance they offer for said items (2500 of coverage was very inexpensive and some peace to my mind), and your ready to go!

Now some carries will be over night, some will take a couple days, just like UPS. Only it is less then UPS, and I feel a bit better for what you get for your money.

I’m beyond happy that I knew about this.. Some of you May as well.. just like UPS or any shipping service you’ll see horror stores.. things being lost and such. Why you need the optional insurance just in case. But read those reviews of the folks doing the work! You’ll also find new people that are starting to ship, and again good to work with.

The guy that I’m using currently, when he gets to my place we are going to take a few minutes to chat about being around for folks like me, and folks around here..

I think this is a great idea.. and works! I was also thinking it would be nice if we had a business that just caters to the audio world and shipping these larger good across the US! It’s a thought.

There are many many great built speakers around that so
many have made! As well, built items like the AV123 stuff that well.. Hard to get, and if your in a bind with building, this can really help you a ton. But a few are setup with great tools and wood shop. I’ve got all the tools and tables.. No room and in storage.

To be clear.. there is no such feeling as being able to build and complete your own cabinets and speakers! Not a thing! But, if you are not able to setup table saws, router tables and the tools that go with it.. I think this might be the next best way to achieve this feeling, and freedom! And hey, some are able to paint, and Venere in the home.. so even if the cabinets have some
Mark’s, might be a lot easier to fix that, then cut and build a set. Just saying.

So, I’ll post up some more information about this, I’m going to post the steps along the way to show what happens an how. I’ve asked the shipper, he’s on board. Again only if you folks are interested! If nobody cares about this, and everyone is all set.. Then I won’t post anymore about it.

Questions comments criticisms and or concerns, ask! More so, I asked everything twice, made an agreement and more. Have the BOL here waiting for him!

So, how do they get paid??  I mean, they pick up your stuff and then what?

Easy question! You pay Uship! Setup your insurance needs and all! Once you like the quote offered, accept! Uship is going to hold the fund till your ready to release! Meaning… No one gets paid till your products arrive, and arrive safe! Yup! You have to give them a code!

Now, up to you if you get the extra insurance! In my add’s, I always say… “will also tip when arrive safely with goods, and goods are in perfect condition.” Yup, extra incentive. As well, I even tossed up if they are a motorcycle guy, extra gifts.

None of this is needed! But, I like to treat others as I want to be treated! And, nothing makes someone more happy when you reward them for their hard work! Really! It’s such a lost art to tell people good job, and you appreciate them! 

It helps!

No boxes? No problem.

I’m going to stop for now, and see how this is received here. Again I’m not trying to step on anyone’s toes! But I surly know a guy in Oregon, who can make my other buddy in Texas very happy with his X-Statik’s! As well, this would be a great way to get things you’ve built out to people.

If people comment.. and ask.. I’ll give info. If not, this will fade into the forum dust.