Need help hunting down 6EA7/6EM7 tubes.

SET Man

Need help hunting down 6EA7/6EM7 tubes.
« on: 15 Jul 2014, 02:35 am »
Hey!

Need a little hunting down some 6EA7/6EM7 tubes. Wondering if anyone here have a stash that they no longer need or maybe know a place where they have some.

I'm looking for about 10-20 tubes, well, ideally 5-10 matched pair of the same brand and date code if possible.

Well, if any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

JohnR

Re: Need help hunting down 6EA7/6EM7 tubes.
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jul 2014, 09:49 am »
Hi Buddy, what are they for and why do you need so many?

Guy 13

« Reply #2 on: 15 Jul 2014, 11:04 am »
Hey!

Need a little hunting down some 6EA7/6EM7 tubes. Wondering if anyone here have a stash that they no longer need or maybe know a place where they have some.

I'm looking for about 10-20 tubes, well, ideally 5-10 matched pair of the same brand and date code if possible.

Well, if any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Take care,

Hi SET Man
Have you tried TC Tubes ?

Guy 13

SET Man

« Reply #4 on: 18 Jul 2014, 01:39 am »
Hi SET Man
Have you tried TC Tubes ?

Guy 13

Hey!

I did but nothing show up on their site search.

http://www.thetubestore.com/Tubes/6E-Types/6EM7-6EA7-Tube

Yeah, I see they listed them on their site but at $19.95 each... ouch!

Take care,

SET Man

« Reply #5 on: 18 Jul 2014, 01:44 am »
Hi Buddy, what are they for and why do you need so many?

Hey!

John, this might sound crazy but I'm planning to hoarding them  :icon_lol: Well, to go into more detail, when I bought my current SET amps back in 1999, those 6EM7/6EA7 tubes were easy to find and it was easy to get some with same brand and date code.

But recently in the past few years I've noticed that these type of tubes are being use more and that seem to cause the price to increase somewhat. And another problem is that places that use to be easy to get them with same brand and date code are no can do that.  :?

Anyway, as of right now I have no plan to change my SET amps anytime soon, or maybe ever. As long as I can still buy and afford tubes for these amps I will keep enjoying them. So, with that I'm looking for more of 6EM7/6EA7 tubes to feed and keep my amps working for a while, 25+ more years would be nice  :lol:

Right now I have 7 matched pairs in my stash, should have bought more back than... who knew!  :duh:

So, if anyone come across some please let me know. Thanks.

Take care,

sfox7076

« Reply #6 on: 18 Jul 2014, 01:44 pm »
Well, this is against my better interest, but try here:  http://www.leedsradio.com  Great bizarre tube/parts store in Brooklyn.  Looks like they are under $10 each there. 

JohnR

« Reply #7 on: 22 Jul 2014, 08:44 am »
    John, this might sound crazy but I'm planning to hoarding them  :icon_lol:

Ha hah! At least you're honest. Good luck hunting  :thumb: