Record Clamp on a Versalex?

Blackmass

Record Clamp on a Versalex?
« on: 31 May 2019, 09:57 am »
Anyone tried a record clamp on a Versalex? Just curious if anyone has any experience of using one?

Cheers
Rob

mick wolfe

Re: Record Clamp on a Versalex?
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2019, 03:25 pm »
Anyone tried a record clamp on a Versalex? Just curious if anyone has any experience of using one?

Cheers
Rob

Not recommended by the designer (WF). The delicate nature of the platter/spindle/bearing interface doesn't lend itself to clamping. Unless a table is designed with a clamp as part of the design package, ( like the earlier WT's) I'd leave well enough alone.

Blackmass

« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2019, 07:37 pm »
Thanks Mick. Understood.

Cheers
Rob

doak

« Reply #3 on: 8 Jul 2019, 04:43 pm »

Cheers
Rob
I have tried a fairly light vibration damping record weight but quickly found that I prefer the sound of my WTA w/o the weight. The weight seems to deaden the sound which is something I definitely do not want. This is consistent with what I’ve heard on most of the other TTs I’ve owned/used over the years, only more-so on the Well Tempered. 

Blackmass

« Reply #4 on: 17 Jul 2019, 11:25 am »
I have tried a fairly light vibration damping record weight but quickly found that I prefer the sound of my WTA w/o the weight. The weight seems to deaden the sound which is something I definitely do not want. This is consistent with what I’ve heard on most of the other TTs I’ve owned/used over the years, only more-so on the Well Tempered.

Apologies for the delay.

Many thanks for your reply and your findings, much appreciated.