New to this forum..

Brady

New to this forum..
« on: 11 Feb 2021, 08:48 am »
Morning all.
I stumbled across this forum after having found GR Research and looking into the route of improvement.
(Currently looking for a second pair of speakers to open up and see what’s inside.. and to pair with my other amps)
My main interests fall with them vintage kit, and I’ve been experimenting and changing over the years ( now 54) where I’ve found my niche with a Rogers LS5/8 and Quad AM8/16 setup. The amp boards have been to Quad for a once over, and are now sounding good. New Caps etc, and I fitted new power caps as well, again from Quad.
Other amps include Quad 520f, Quad 510, Crimson 610 pre / twin monobloc power amps, HH V150L mono x 2, HH MX170
I’m using Turntable, CD and a newly built Raspberry Pi + IQuadio DAC streamer with Volumio.

I’ve had a browse around, and there’s so much to read, with a fantastic knowledge base that I’m going to enjoy! Particularly liking the ‘What Jazz are you listening to now?’  Nice...

Music tastes are varied, and I’m keen to explore peoples experiences here with their home kit.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: New to this forum..
« Reply #1 on: 11 Feb 2021, 09:40 am »
Welcome

Brady

« Reply #2 on: 11 Feb 2021, 09:52 am »
Thanks  :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 11 Feb 2021, 01:27 pm »
Welcome to AC!

ArthurDent