How many of you use power conditioners?

RonP

Re: How many of you use power conditioners?
« Reply #20 on: 13 Jul 2022, 05:38 pm »
I have one of the final UberBUSS' Dave built. Built in DigiBUSS II.

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=172069.msg1879357#msg1879357

bbybaudio

« Reply #21 on: 13 Jul 2022, 06:24 pm »
Great responses from so many! Interesting the wide array of different units used. Clearly a lot of you use the PSM and the uberbuss units and there are some I had not heard of before.

doggie

« Reply #22 on: 17 Jul 2022, 03:43 pm »
I use a Topaz isolation transformer. I think that it is 750VA. Been a while since I wired it in place.

It feeds into an 8 plug unfiltered power strip.

Scottdazzle

« Reply #23 on: 17 Jul 2022, 04:41 pm »
I use a PS Audio Power Plant 15 regenerator on my system in the dedicated listening room. I use a PI Audio conditioner (Uberbuss? not sure about the model designation as Dave made this one especially for me) for my AV system in the living room. I am pleased with both.

TomS

« Reply #24 on: 17 Jul 2022, 07:51 pm »
Another Puritan Audio PSM156, works great.

Photon46

« Reply #25 on: 17 Jul 2022, 11:40 pm »
Main system: Front end uses a PS Audio Stellar P3 regenerator and the duplex powering that has a High Fidelity cables MC-1 Pro conditioner in the second outlet. Two PS Audio M1200 mono block amps are plugged into a PS Audio Dectet. The second outlet of the Dectet duplex for each amp has a High Fidelity Cables MC-0.5 conditioning plug. The second outlet of the duplex powering the Dectet uses a High Fidelity Cables MC-0.5 Helix. 

Second system: Shunyata MPC-12A and the second outlet of the duplex powering that has a High Fidelity Cables MC-0.5 conditioning plug.

Early B.

« Reply #26 on: 18 Jul 2022, 02:09 am »
Another Puritan Audio PSM156, works great.

Add me to this list.

DBT AUDIO

« Reply #27 on: 18 Jul 2022, 11:35 pm »
Hi all. Communicating with Don Sachs led me to purchase an Audioquest Niagara 3000 low-z power dissipation system. As much as I have raved about the DS Valhalla integrated and my X5 speakers, the Niagara so dramatically improved the sound of my system…. 
I own the AQ Niagara 3000 and I use AQ Thunder, Blizzard and Monsoon power cables.  I clearly heard an upgrade in SQ with this setup.  Previously, I owned (2) Shunyata Venom power strips and Venom power cables.  As much as I wanted to hear a difference with the entry level Shunyata gear, I honestly couldn’t hear a difference. The AQ Niagara 3000 made a difference.  I love the customer service of PS Audio, but I’ve had a few products by them that had repeated issues.  I just don’t feel comfortable with PS Audio gear anymore, so I won’t be experimenting with their power regenerators.

catluck

« Reply #28 on: 19 Jul 2022, 02:44 pm »
RE: DBT Audio's post - I had a similar experience. I owned 3 Premier AC regenerators. GREAT units. Loved what they did. But after one blew it's power module and PS indicated that they weren't repairing them any longer, PS generously granted me accommodation on their new P units. Tried them and was unhappy with the resulting sound, even 2 months after use.  Won't bore you with the details. So I sold the PS units and began a search for replacements for both upstairs and downstairs systems.  I ended up with a Chinese unit, the Crosbon CR-365, a passive unit purchased on Ali Express.  Laugh or deride me if you want to.  But, not only have the 3 units I purchased worked flawlessly for about 7 months they are the sweetest sounding units, and with no discernable negative impacts on soundstage or dynamics I've owned. I've owned other "high end" (read "expensive") power conditioners and I have never been more pleased than with these Crosbons. Beautifully built without the silly overkill attending the high dollar units.  I should say that my AC is generally running at between 118-121 V so voltage regulation does not seem to be a critical consideration when choosing a conditioner.

geerock

« Reply #29 on: 19 Jul 2022, 10:39 pm »
I use 2 High Fidelity Cables mc .05 and an MC 1 pro double helix on the wall circuit.  Once they break in they are just a stunning improvement.

theclipper

« Reply #30 on: 26 Jul 2022, 03:05 pm »
Has anyone used a Shunyata Denali V2? Was thinking of trying one out, but can’t decide if it’s worth dumping the money into.

forky

« Reply #31 on: 29 Jul 2022, 03:04 am »
Are any of you plugging your amp or int amp into your PSM 156?

Also, did you buy the upgraded Puritan cord? Just wondering. Thanks.

kmmd

« Reply #32 on: 29 Jul 2022, 03:16 am »
Has anyone used a Shunyata Denali V2? Was thinking of trying one out, but can’t decide if it’s worth dumping the money into.

I have a Shunyata Denali 6000/S v2 and Everest 8000 both with Sigma XC cords.  They both do an incredible job of lowering the noise floor.  I have two Bryston 7B SST’s and two ModWright KWA 150SE’s (for HT)  plugged into the Denali and haven’t experienced current limiting.

New speakers arriving in a month or so will allow me to remove the Bryston’s and downsize a bit.

theclipper

« Reply #33 on: 29 Jul 2022, 01:54 pm »
I have a Shunyata Denali 6000/S v2 and Everest 8000 both with Sigma XC cords.  They both do an incredible job of lowering the noise floor.  I have two Bryston 7B SST’s and two ModWright KWA 150SE’s (for HT)  plugged into the Denali and haven’t experienced current limiting.

New speakers arriving in a month or so will allow me to remove the Bryston’s and downsize a bit.

Wow, nice setup! Do you feel the Everest is a notable step up over the Denali? Or are they pretty close?

kmmd

« Reply #34 on: 29 Jul 2022, 02:45 pm »
Wow, nice setup! Do you feel the Everest is a notable step up over the Denali? Or are they pretty close?

Thank you!  Honestly I haven’t really compared the two.  My low level preamps, digital gear and a Pass Labs X250.8 are plugged into the Everest. Everything is dead quiet (at all times of the day) with all amps and preamps on.  With my new speakers, I’ll remove my Pass Labs electronic crossover (no longer bi-amping) and place my Luxman EQ-500 phono pre in its place powered by the Everest instead of the Denali.  Lots of wins with the speaker change.

theclipper

« Reply #35 on: 29 Jul 2022, 02:52 pm »
Thank you!  Honestly I haven’t really compared the two.  My low level preamps, digital gear and a Pass Labs X250.8 are plugged into the Everest. Everything is dead quiet (at all times of the day) with all amps and preamps on.  With my new speakers, I’ll remove my Pass Labs electronic crossover (no longer bi-amping) and place my Luxman EQ-500 phono pre in its place powered by the Everest instead of the Denali.  Lots of wins with the speaker change.

Very cool! I think I’ll keep an eye out for a used option.

bbybaudio

« Reply #36 on: 1 Aug 2022, 01:12 pm »
Great info everyone. After listening last night I want to reiterate the dramatic improvement in my system the Niagara 3000 has made. Started in digital and was completely mesmerized by the front to back and lateral spacing of instruments and voices on Erykah Badu's Baduizm, wow! Went to vinyl starting with Little Feats "Waiting for Columbus," like I was at the venue. Followed up with an oldy as my son told me he just purchased it and loved it, Chicago VII. So much fun and the music was fantastic. Time to break out more of my old vinyl, clean them up with the VPI washer and sit back and listen.

GeorgeAb

« Reply #37 on: 2 Aug 2022, 01:04 am »
I use a PS Audio Power Plant Premier.

forky

« Reply #38 on: 18 Nov 2022, 05:46 pm »
Besides some more room treatment a PSM 156 is the only thing that is on my shopping list for my system....once biz picks back up.  Just saw this and reminded me of this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Thbj_FIUMU

lazbisme

« Reply #39 on: 18 Nov 2022, 07:32 pm »
My ENTIRE  system is powered through a PS Audio P10 Power Plant. Even the power cords to the X3 subs. No complaints or regrets.