How many of you use power conditioners?

bbybaudio

How many of you use power conditioners?
« on: 12 Jul 2022, 03:36 pm »
Hi all. Communicating with Don Sachs led me to purchase an Audioquest Niagara 3000 low-z power dissipation system. As much as I have raved about the DS Valhalla integrated and my X5 speakers, the Niagara so dramatically improved the sound of my system that my wife stated "C**p you should have bought this first and not spent money on all that other stuff." I use Anticables Ref 3 power cables and of course had to try an Audipquest Blizzard power cable with DBS. I would have guessed the blizzard would not sound as good as the Ref 3s, but into the Niagara from the wall outlet, big improvement. The improvement in my sound adding the Niagara does cause me concern. When auditioning equipment in stores you really need to know if they are running their system through one of these units because if you do not have one at  home, you will be upset that the new equipment does not sound as good as it did in the store.

toocool4

Re: How many of you use power conditioners?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jul 2022, 04:11 pm »
I use a power regenerator rather than a power conditioner, yes they do make a big difference depending on how much problems you have on your power line. If you don't have issues with your power line, then power conditioners or power regenerators will make little to no difference.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jul 2022, 04:36 pm »
I use a PS Audio PS5 with my X3's.  I have an old 1950's brick house in the city so something that completely re-generates the power signal is a must for me. 

zoom25

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jul 2022, 05:42 pm »
I use a power conditioner after a power shampoo.

dket

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jul 2022, 06:06 pm »
Every house has power pollution (Harmonics).  To start with it comes from within.  From AC units down to your cell phone battery chargers, anything that changes voltage causes harmonic pollution. What everyone needs is a power conditioner, but not regenerators or anything with a transformer in it. Transformers may make the the music sound smoother but they screw up timing and slow the music down.  Compare the difference. The Niagara's are quite good.  I personally use Inakustik AC-3500P along with Akiko Audio Corelli power conditioner.  Much better than my 20 year old 100lb. PS audio P600 which went to the trash can.

mick wolfe

« Reply #5 on: 12 Jul 2022, 06:38 pm »
Audioquest 1200 in my small room set-up, Audience aR2p for audio components in my bigger room with a Brick Wall for video components.

Mariusz Uszynski

« Reply #6 on: 12 Jul 2022, 08:37 pm »
I use Puritan PSM156 Studio Master Mains Purifier.Good stuff.

Audiosaurusrex

« Reply #7 on: 12 Jul 2022, 08:37 pm »
SR Powercell 8 UEF SE and I'm extremely satisfied

Dieterle Tool

• I don't know what it is, but I wunt it.
« Reply #8 on: 12 Jul 2022, 09:16 pm »
BPT CPC (thx C. Hoff) for pre, dac and transport. Amps direct to wall (20 amp, dedicated breaker to whole home, Clean-Power surge protector installed at panel).

-Dieter

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #9 on: 12 Jul 2022, 09:28 pm »
I currently use a Furman REF20 that i replaced the stock Duplex with all Furutech GTX Duplex. for most items. but I also have a PS Audio P600 Regenerator. (which is left off during the Summer) Also all Duplex replaced with Furutech GTX duplex.
I skip the conditioners for amp but that also uses a Furutech GTX Duplex.

AndrewA

« Reply #10 on: 12 Jul 2022, 09:43 pm »
Puritan PSM 156. Makes an audible improvement, unlike many others.

Mariusz Uszynski

« Reply #11 on: 12 Jul 2022, 10:46 pm »
Puritan PSM 156. Makes an audible improvement, unlike many others.

Yes, I have noticed sound improved after 100 hrs.That power conditioner is good investment.

Huck

« Reply #12 on: 12 Jul 2022, 11:02 pm »
I use a Furman PM8 Series II unit that I have used for years,maybe 20 with no sonic degradation that I can hear and I was wondering how long this unit will last before it needs replacing..it has never had a surge or brown-out hit it,so not sure?
Can't hear much now anyways! Huck

Wig

« Reply #13 on: 12 Jul 2022, 11:56 pm »
The PSM 156 is by far the best conditioner I have heard on my  system and I have heard Many...

Wig😁

drummermitchell

« Reply #14 on: 13 Jul 2022, 12:47 am »
I’ll stick with my two Torus PIUs.
Reason,years ago had 4 F113 subs,two were direct to wall and two were into the Torus x2.
As also  projector ect ect ect.
As with a storm the two wall JLs totally fried and the other two JLs unharmed as the projector ect.
Besides that there is a huge improvement when using large amps with big transformers that are larger than the amps.
I would say no power restricting like you get from power bars or something with a small transformer.
Or those MOV,s or as shun- - - says their TMOV’s.
Compared both as I had both in house.
Can’t deny the major difference in sound quality.
Still have the TORUS(s) they are not going anywhere :thumb:.

Delta77

« Reply #15 on: 13 Jul 2022, 12:49 am »
I use a P.I. Audio- UberBUSS, not sure exactly what it is or does..
I don’t believe P.I. Audio is making them anymore..

I have to admit that I just tried to copy some of the systems on this site, the systems I admired the most..

I attended a few audio shows in the last 5 years , and out of the the 3 or 4 shows I attended The VOLTI Audio room was among the BEST rooms in my and many opinions..
Showing with Volti was/is a complete loom of Triode Wire Labs cables.. I learned that these guys also used a UberBUSS in every room they show (impressed me)..
Then I read that Pete of TWL uses a UberBUSS in his personal system , enough said (I ordered mine)..

Dedicated  20 amp circuit (10 awg romex) to 3 P.I. Audio Duplexes..
1 duplex for each (L/R) subwoofer and 1 duplex for the UberBUSS..
1 Furutech GTX & 3 P.I. Audio duplexes..
Currently the whole system is connected to the UberBUSS, 7 power cables 4 of which are TWL ( need 3 more TWL cables)..

It is one of my prized components..
Dave (P.I. Audio) spent extra time and effort in the veneering..

Figaro

« Reply #16 on: 13 Jul 2022, 01:35 pm »
I use a power conditioner after a power shampoo.

Love it. :-)

Figaro

« Reply #17 on: 13 Jul 2022, 01:42 pm »
I use a Panamax M5300-PM

Mr. Big

« Reply #18 on: 13 Jul 2022, 01:47 pm »
I have owned several top-name conditioners over the years. I would say in my experience the newest PS Audio regenerators are superb and do what they claim to do. It also besides having the lowest noise floor, the ability to stabilize the voltage feeding your gear is so important to consistent sound quality. With the PS you can adjust the voltage up or down from the ideal 120V. By doing so you will find the sound to thin out as you go below the 120V or fatten up as you go above 120V, thus why some days our system sounds better than others, well look at the swing in the incoming voltage. Mine reads anywhere from 119-124 volts throughout the day and as high as 125V. The PS keeps my voltage a rock solid 120V. So the unit allows more detail, micro detail, better bass, vocals more real and natural, and the highs open and airy. No noise comes from the unit, no transformer hum, etc. If you only need it for the front geat (most important. more so than an amp), the P-12 is all you need, if you want more outlets and hook what your whole system then the P-15  would be ideal. If you cannot afford a P-12 then there is a unit that is very good at lowering the noise and does great with a blacker background, it is a balanced design and very bit as good as any other such designs using balanced power and priced thousands higher than this unit, look into the Core Power Equi=Core 1800 MK3 at $1,699 a great value and good as Torus or any other such design.
https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisafg31-core-power-equi-core-1800-mk3-new-model-now-shipping-ac-conditioners

dpatters

« Reply #19 on: 13 Jul 2022, 03:00 pm »
I also use a custom PI Audio UberBUSS. It is an UberBUSS and DigiBuss combined into one. All of my audio and video components are plugged into it. I feed it with TWL Silver Statement PC. Lowered my noise floor with no loss in dynamics.

Don P.