Just ordered some X4s

aniwolfe

Re: Just ordered some X4s
« Reply #20 on: 8 Mar 2022, 05:11 pm »
Thanks guys I am very pleased. Spatial delivered on their time estimate and sound.

Tonight is going to be a good time to chill and take it all in. Special thanks to Cloud for being a cool dude and helping me select the X4!

Will you post comparisons with the Alta's? I had the Alta Rhea before I got my Spatials. I liked the Rheas but the build quality was terrible. The sound was good, but you can clearly hear a Tweeter and a Mid/Woofer poorly integrated.

Bingenito

« Reply #21 on: 8 Mar 2022, 05:34 pm »
The Alta Alec was top shelf with no design or build issues. Cabinets were beautiful with the best finish that I have seen on a speaker in that price range.

Some great speakers have been in my room and I will say that at this level it is a lot of personal taste. The Alta Alecs, Salk Song 3 Encore and Spatial X4 are all great. The X4s need break in but I really like that I am hearing and have zero concerns about them staying in my room or not during the 60 day trial.

So yes I will provide listening impressions and comparisons to the above and then prior speakers if anyone is interested e.g. Salk HT3, Maggie 3.6r SE, etc.

Bingenito

« Reply #22 on: 8 Mar 2022, 05:51 pm »
Salks doing their thing. I still have these and no I am not selling them.

JShort

« Reply #23 on: 19 Mar 2022, 08:37 pm »
The Alta Alec was top shelf with no design or build issues. Cabinets were beautiful with the best finish that I have seen on a speaker in that price range.

Some great speakers have been in my room and I will say that at this level it is a lot of personal taste. The Alta Alecs, Salk Song 3 Encore and Spatial X4 are all great. The X4s need break in but I really like that I am hearing and have zero concerns about them staying in my room or not during the 60 day trial.

So yes I will provide listening impressions and comparisons to the above and then prior speakers if anyone is interested e.g. Salk HT3, Maggie 3.6r SE, etc.

I'm definitely interested in your listening impressions regarding the X4s! Have you had them long enough to comment yet?

Thanks

Bingenito

« Reply #24 on: 19 Mar 2022, 11:58 pm »
Yes I started a new thread with listening impressions here https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=181011.0