Audiophiliac has more love for Spatial

El Tio

Audiophiliac has more love for Spatial
« on: 30 Dec 2021, 09:25 pm »
I watched Steve's newest video today and he has more positive comments about the M4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LAbhdrvUCY

Memphisblues

Re: Audiophiliac has more love for Spatial
« Reply #1 on: 31 Dec 2021, 12:58 am »
Congratulations Clayton!

Steve Guttenberg starts his Best of 2021 with the M4 Sapphires.

Fantastic products from a great guy!

Hope the crew is rested.

Boz Scaggs in my room now thanks to your M3s. 

franSSS

« Reply #2 on: 1 Jan 2022, 07:58 am »
I get the feeling he was not happy sending them back heheehehe

2Bad

« Reply #3 on: 1 Jan 2022, 02:08 pm »
Steve G's review and year end product picks brought me here... it will probably extend the time to the question I'm about to ask.  :lol:
Does anyone know what the approximate lead time is when ordering a set of speakers ???
Thanks in advance to your anticipated support.

Cheers,
- Bill -

jjss49

« Reply #4 on: 1 Jan 2022, 10:48 pm »
"Does anyone know what the approximate lead time is when ordering a set of speakers ???"

clayton shaw is the best qualified to speak on his production backlogs of the various models... he answers phone and email

TrapJaw

« Reply #5 on: 13 Jan 2022, 05:25 pm »
Newbie, first post here.  I'm rediscovering my audiophile hobby after a 10 year layoff and rebuilding my old gear.  Time now for some new speakers.

I just talked to "Cloud" at SA.   Current leadtime is 4-6 weeks.   Cloud gave me some great advice for my application.

TrapJaw

Steve G's review and year end product picks brought me here... it will probably extend the time to the question I'm about to ask.  :lol:
Does anyone know what the approximate lead time is when ordering a set of speakers ???
Thanks in advance to your anticipated support.

Cheers,
- Bill -

Spatial Audio

« Reply #6 on: 13 Jan 2022, 10:13 pm »
Thanks for all your support guys. We are having a blast building these, so its great to get so much positive feedback from our customers.

I'd have to say that dealing with Guttenberg was a real joy. He is a kind and honest guy and gives everyone a fair shake. He really liked the M4 Sapphire, as is apparent in the recent videos, and requested for review an X series model later this year when he can schedule them in. The new X4 should do the trick!

Clayton

SoundSound

« Reply #7 on: 22 Jan 2022, 12:32 am »
Any info what Steve G. is talking about around 10:05 mark? :) New model is coming? :scratch:

fataxeman

« Reply #8 on: 20 Jun 2022, 11:29 pm »
Hi Ripwny,

I am pretty new here and just saw this topic.  My comments may be of no use to you now considering the time that has passed since your original post, but I have semi-relevant information, plus a question for you.

I had a pair of M3s for about a week.  They were horribly mangled by the shipping company, due to the fact that they did not have factory packaging.  I should have known better than to purchase them, but the speakers were supposed to be "professionally packaged" per the individual I bought them from.  I am too easily persuaded.

Anyway, while I had them the speakers did play and sounded great even though one speaker leaned back about 20% further than the other due the metal feet/stands being bent and partially separated from the baffle board.  In fact, all 4 metal feet had been bent to varying degrees.   I actually had to prop up/brace the back of the speaker in fear of it falling over backwards.

I used my Rogue M-180 tube amps for about 3 days on the M3s.  Their 180 wpc drove them quite nicely as you might imagine and they sounded great.  In fact, as broken and busted up as they were, the M3s were still mighty impressive, so much so that I'm working on getting another pair.

Then I connected my Hegel H160 which is 250 wpc in to 4 ohms.  It sounded excellent, with superb bass control.  It also has a very nice midrange and top end that, while not the last word in detailed high frequencies, seems to have everything one needs and never, never offends with bright, etched, sibilant high frequencies.  If the Hegel gave up anything to the tube M-180s, the audition time was too short for that to be borne out or I was just unable to hear it.  Keep in mind, that during this whole ordeal, I am just sick to my stomach that I wouldn't be keeping the speakers due to the damage they had suffered.

In hopes that I actually do get a pair of M3s, I have been looking at solid state amps.  (Oh, by the way, the Hegel won't suffice only because I have a multi-channel system in the same room as the my current 2-channel system which was a mistake from day 1).  Anyway, the Hegel does not have quite enough inputs for all my equipment; it has nothing to do with sound quality.  I'd be happy to break the speakers in with the SS Hegel and then have a sonic shootout with the M-180s.

I have become quite interested in the Denafrips Thallo balanced solid state amplifier.  Not too much information online about it.  I have a Denafrips Ares DAC and it sounds quite good.  I like it better than the Schiit Bifrost that I had (and still have).  Just wondered it you got the Thallo and if so, what you can tell me about it.

Thanks!

Daryl Zero

« Reply #9 on: 12 Sep 2022, 01:58 pm »
Guttenberg went to the NY Audio Show which had a number of open baffle speakers including Spatial Audio Lab. He didn't really review the speakers or say anything specific about them (which I think were X5s or maybe X4s -- guessing because the X3s have a larger woofer and the mid and low woofers look to me to be the same size) other than how great open baffle speakers were. He said thinks he was going to be reviewing another Spatial Audio Lab speaker though not the one in his video and he should have it in another couple of months. He is also going to review the Linear Tube Audio integrated and, again, he didn't say what model number although he said it was a "new" bigger integrated. I think that has to be either the Z40+ or Ultralinear +.

He also has a PAP open baffle speaker which he will be reviewing. There was another company making odd looking open baffle speakers called Treehaus.

Here is a link to the video (the discussion on Spatial Audio starts at 5:45):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo7i6y-mkYw
« Last Edit: 13 Sep 2022, 08:48 pm by Daryl Zero »