Improvement to room acoustics

abomwell

Improvement to room acoustics
« on: 14 Dec 2021, 11:58 am »
I recently changed my PI Audio diffuser panels located behind the speakers. I added another 2' x 4' panel on top of the existing panel so they now extend to the ceiling. The additional panel really made a nice improvement in the overall room sound. It sounds more spacious.  I was quite surprised at the difference because none of the upper 4' of blank wall space behind the speakers would have reflected any visual part of the speakers, as seen from the listening chair, if I were to have placed a mirror there. 

Mr. Big

Re: Improvement to room acoustics
« Reply #1 on: 14 Dec 2021, 03:07 pm »
Sound bounces around the room from wall to wall and even above the speakers, sound waves, and pressure from the woofers. I am lucky in one way I have no wall behind where I sit, it's the back of the loft that overlooks the family room, just rail with pickets. I do have damping and dispersion and bass traps around the room as well as Canvas large prints ao to keep the loft looking nice without looking like a recording studio which I did have the room that way once with GIK wall 24 X 48 wall panels along each sidewall.

Big Red Machine

twitch54

« Reply #3 on: 14 Dec 2021, 05:22 pm »
https://tweekgeek.blogspot.com/2019/09/

just when we thought it was safe to 'come out', more ridiculous 'magic dots' !!   LOL !!   :scratch:

Big Red Machine

« Reply #4 on: 14 Dec 2021, 06:31 pm »
read farther down guys

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #5 on: 14 Dec 2021, 07:13 pm »
I just removed many of the items I had "sitting around' in my media room placed the GR Research dual subs on their sides and (believe it or not) added an 85" TV to the wall 'tween the speakers.  Initial impressions are of a much more open soundstage, but I am sure with time I will realize I have destroyed my system by adding the TV.  Just don't care.