New sales rep, website, and upcoming L2 Integrated Amplifiers

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
    • The Clueless Audiophile
I've been rocking the LIO for about five years now so never felt the need to get fancy with the power side.  Before that my system was mainly head fi .

Vinnie R.

Other than a decent Triode Wire Labs power cable, would the L2 need a power conditioner or more elaborate surge protection? I have whole-house surge protection already installed.

Hi MP,

I'm on a plane to RMAF now (with sketchy wifi):

All the L2 components have built-in MOV surge protection.  I actually have a customer who took a power surge during a storm, and it worked as it should (blew the fuse of the L2 Preamp, but no damage was done to the unit).  Of course if there is a lightning strike very close to your home, there are no guarantees that any surge suppressor will save your gear.  I am sure you can find surge protection units that have even more protection than what I add into the L2 components.  But I still recommend unplugging your equipment during an electrical storm if you are home.  It might be a tad inconvenient, but having to send your units in for repair is much more inconvenient (for us both) and expensive.  :o 

It is hard to say if you will find any benefit with using a power conditioner.  It really depends on how polluted your AC mains are, and the design of the power conditioner, etc:

At home, I plug all my L2 components directly into the AC outlet (no conditioners) and have no interest in adding a power conditioner because everything works and sounds as it should to me.  But I do understand that some customers have polluted power and want to clean it up.  As jriggy mentions, see if you can borrow a conditioner.  If not, I recommend that you try power cables and conditioners from companies that will let you demo them at home, or offer some sort of return policy.  Then you can swap them in and out and decide if they are making an improvement.  And do you find the improvement to be worth the cost to you?

What is essential to make sure your outlets are wired correctly (Live, Neutral, and Ground are all wired correctly), and your power cord has a connected Ground wire.  Never use a cheater plug.   You can buy an outlet tester for under $10 at your local hardware store (electrical department) and test your outlets, just to make sure everything is correct. 

I hope this helps,

Vinnie

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
thanks for the detailed reply.  Sounds like I'll be in the clear to stick with the TWO cable and no additional surge protection. I'll try out a conditioner but I don't perceive our grid to be particularly dirty.  However most of my critical listening is done in the LIO so I guess we'll see.soon enough!  Have fun at RMAF, wish I was there.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
  Vinnie ya might try the Gigawatt that Mark Sossa imports from Poland. To my surprise and maybe yours cleaner sound can be achieved. Ya never know til ya try.

charles

SteveKi

Vinnie,
Does the L2 Integrated have a headphone jack option? Same board as in the LIO.
Steve

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
Any on-scene reports of L2i at RMAF?

Vinnie R.

Re: New sales rep, website, and upcoming L2 Integrated Amplifiers
« Reply #26 on: 12 Sep 2019, 12:05 am »
Vinnie ya might try the Gigawatt that Mark Sossa imports from Poland. To my surprise and maybe yours cleaner sound can be achieved. Ya never know til ya try.
charles

Hi Charles,

Mark did bring the Gigawatt for our room at RMAF (on the bottom of our rack):  https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=165496.0

I didn't get around to doing A/B comparisons.  I will say that the entire system was sounding really, really good at RMAF.  I'll be sure to make the time to do before/after listening comparisons with the Gigawatt at Capital Audio Fest!

Vinnie,
Does the L2 Integrated have a headphone jack option? Same board as in the LIO.
Steve

Hi Steve,

No headphone jacks - but you can actually drive headphones via the dual XLR preamp output jacks (you need a L/R 3-pin XLR
female to 4-pin XLR female adapter cable for this).  It sounds excellent (better than LIO HPA module) - and the XLR output stage has very low output impedance and can drive most headphones with ease. 

Even going with an L/R RCA to female 1/4" (or 1/8) TRS stereo jack works very well with most headphones (but there will be 6dB less gain compared to the XLR outputs) .  And you can turn off the speaker output stage via the front panel when listening to headpones
(similar to LIO in that regard).

Any on-scene reports of L2i at RMAF?

Hi MP,

Here is a link, and I'll be adding to it soon:

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=165496.0

Thanks,

Vinnie

Steve.S

« Reply #27 on: 27 Oct 2019, 06:19 pm »
All,

If you subscribe to our newsletter, you probably already received the big news:

1) I have officially transitioned from direct-sales to a dealer network, and have appointed Mark Sossa
of Well Pleased AV as my North American Sales Rep.

Hello Vinnie,

I emailed the San Francisco vendor a week ago to setup an audition of Vinnie Rossi gear, but did not hear back. So, I emailed Mark last night and he got right back to me saying that the SF people are legit and should be in touch. One day last, still no word from SF.
I am not in a rush, so it is OK.
But, it is kind of a bummer.
I am really interested in your approach and want a chance to hear and play with your equipment.

Thank you, Steve

Vinnie R.

« Reply #28 on: 28 Oct 2019, 05:07 am »
Hello Vinnie,

I emailed the San Francisco vendor a week ago to setup an audition of Vinnie Rossi gear, but did not hear back. So, I emailed Mark last night and he got right back to me saying that the SF people are legit and should be in touch. One day last, still no word from SF.
I am not in a rush, so it is OK.
But, it is kind of a bummer.
I am really interested in your approach and want a chance to hear and play with your equipment.

Thank you, Steve

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your interest in our products!

I just began production of the L2i and L2i-SE models earlier this month, and am still quite backlogged on many dealer orders. 

I am glad you contacted Mark.  He will be in touch with Audio Vision San Francisco this week, but they currently do not have
a unit in stock for you to audition. Mark and I will be away for the next two weeks attending Capital Audio Fest, and the New York Audio Shows.  Hopefully we'll have a demo unit shipped to your dealer not too long after we return from the shows.

Thank you for your patience and understanding,

Vinnie

alex z.

« Reply #29 on: 24 Dec 2019, 07:34 am »
Hi Vinnie,

Do you have next year plans for extending your dealers network outside the US?
I'm sure you will find lots of fans in Europe, like me 8)

BR, Alex

Vinnie R.

« Reply #30 on: 24 Dec 2019, 10:38 pm »
Hi Alex,

Welcome to the VR forum!

Currently I am still selling factory-direct outside of the USA, but I am definitely looking to extend our dealer network
to Europe and beyond.  I plan to exhibit at the Munich High End Show 2020 - this should help jump-start the process.

Happy Holidays,

Vinnie

bahorn1

« Reply #31 on: 18 Feb 2020, 07:12 am »

No headphone jacks - but you can actually drive headphones via the dual XLR preamp output jacks (you need a L/R 3-pin XLR
female to 4-pin XLR female adapter cable for this).  It sounds excellent (better than LIO HPA module) - and the XLR output stage has very low output impedance and can drive most headphones with ease. 

Does anyone know where I can get a L/R 3-pin XLR female to 4-pin XLR female adapter cable?

Thanks,
Doug

Vinnie R.

« Reply #32 on: 18 Feb 2020, 05:44 pm »
Does anyone know where I can get a L/R 3-pin XLR female to 4-pin XLR female adapter cable?

Thanks,
Doug

Hi Doug,

Moon Audio to make you a cable (I recommend 2 feet long, with a L/R split at 12 inches) that converts from
(2) 3-pin XLR female plugs to (1) 4-pin XLR female plug.  See attached screen shot from their website. 

The pin out is as follows:

L XLR:
Pin 1 = Not connected
Pin 2 = L+
Pin 3 = L-

R XLR:
Pin 1 = Not connected
Pin 2 = R+
Pin 3 = R-

4-PIN XLR:

Pin 1: L+
Pin 2: L-
Pin 3: R+
Pin 4: R-

If you want to have Moon Audio ship it to me, I will test it for you and will then include it when I ship. 

Best regards,

Vinnie

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #33 on: 18 Feb 2020, 08:31 pm »
 Hey Vinnie did not notice the Gigawatt in room photo. Good to have you back.

charles

SteveParsons

I can confirm that running your headphones from the XLR out's works well with my Ultrasone headphones with a 4 pin XLR termination.  I had a similar custom cable made up from the guys below (useful alternative for European customers) and it sounds great, although I still need to listen properly to evaluate its sound.  Cost about £41.  I have a useful volume range.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pro-Audeze-AKG-Extension-Lead-4pin-XLR-F-to-2x3pin-XLR-M-Balanced-VanDamme-Cable/133295842111?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=432741550832&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649