VR7SE for sale new price Sold Sold

snook2

VR7SE for sale new price Sold Sold
« on: 16 Feb 2010, 09:12 pm »
VR7SE in high gloss piano black. Serial no. 001. After listening to the new line of von schweikerts these a still king of the passive speakers. They are flat to 15hz with absolutely no variations in crossovers and dampening. I will sell at $ 19,900. Interested buyers can email me at drfish941@msn.com for pictures and all details.
« Last Edit: 9 Aug 2010, 10:24 pm by snook2 »

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
Re: VR7SE for sale
« Reply #1 on: 17 Feb 2010, 02:02 pm »
snook,

Those are great speakers as everyone here knows.  What will they be replaced with?   Your asking price is considerably higher than a couple of pairs of 7s that were up for sale recently both here and on Audiogon. 

mclsound

« Reply #2 on: 17 Feb 2010, 03:32 pm »
I believe MSS Hi-Fi had a silver pair for &17,500

snook2

« Reply #3 on: 17 Feb 2010, 07:10 pm »
Not all these speakers were voiced the same. There were differences in crossovers and bass drivers that were custom arranged. The ones I am selling are high gloss piano black in mint condition and meet all the original specifications. One of a few remaining sold in Japan for  over 30K supposedly. I will only sell in USA {less risky}

fplanner2000

« Reply #4 on: 17 Feb 2010, 08:54 pm »
Newsflash - once you do the V-cap upgrade, I don't think there's anything that touches them for under $40K(used) and my caps aren't anywhere near broken in yet.  Mids and highs take on added depth, clarity and detail; imaging also improves.  Its THAT BIG A DIFFERENCE.

Those looking to "steal" a pair of 7's - good luck.  Once 7 owners find out about this upgrade, you won't be able to find a pair!!

Delacroix

« Reply #5 on: 17 Feb 2010, 09:28 pm »
Hi Snook,

If you haven't already, you might consider posting these on the AC Trading Post circle, where you will likely find the eyes of more buyers. Re pricing -- I think we all recognize that age, condition, finish, care and feeding of previous owners all contribute to the relative value of any audio component. No disrespect to any sellers intended but two examples of the same product, especially expensive speakers, can vary considerably on all these factors, hence there is likely to be difference in price expectations. And that is without factoring in the motivations of the seller to move the item out. If you hang around here long enough Snook, you might get cold feet about selling at any price :)

Best

Delacroix

disco

• Industry Participant
    • Supra HiFi
« Reply #6 on: 19 Feb 2010, 03:22 am »
Snook2 is considering the VR9SE's and while I am sure the VR7 V-cap upgrade is great, they are not going to touch the performance of the 9's. Yes there is substantial cost involved(understatement), but the 9's are worth every last penny! I am speaking from experiance as I owned the 7's(sans V-cap upgrade) before owning the 9's.

Snook2, I hope it is ok to mention your interest in the 9's. If not let me know and I will remove my response post haste.

snook2

« Reply #7 on: 25 Feb 2010, 12:08 pm »
No problem disco. Just waiting for someone to make the jump to the 7Se's. I noticed the bluebook for these speakers is ridiculously low. Maybe they are talking about the older 7's. They are out of line with their build and quality compared to the rest of line. Any thought?

disco

• Industry Participant
    • Supra HiFi
« Reply #8 on: 25 Feb 2010, 04:36 pm »
Snook2,

I don't work with the bluebook at all. It really is just a guide and should not be taken as gospel. I do know a few others who have sold the VR7SE's and they took them in trade so they did not have much, if any $ invested. They can then turn around and sell them for whatever they want. Unfortunately this can negatively affect the value of a product. Other factors such as condition finish and desirability can increase/decrease the value. I would put what you hope to get as the "asking price", but entertain offers.

Scott

JackD201

« Reply #9 on: 25 Feb 2010, 06:01 pm »
The first run of modern 7s (as opposed to the old 7 HSEs) was in the vicinity of 35k if I recall correctly. Later cabinet costs went up and the price became very very close to the 9s to the point where the 7s were just under 10k less. What goes up for sale is probably from the first batch and that would explain why folks have been putting them up for 15 to 18 thousand. It follows that the later runs which went for $50,000 retail would sell in the vicinity of 25k.

Either way, if you have the space and lots of friends to help you move them even 30k to 35k is a very good price when compared to even new speakers on the market in that price class. I'd take an Annie to a Sasha, so why wouldn't I take a 7.

Heck I'm biased though so ignore me  :lol: :lol: :lol:

fplanner2000

« Reply #10 on: 26 Feb 2010, 12:02 am »
Albert told me my 7's were the final pair they made, so I had he and Joe (not there anymore) put their initials by 1 of the binding posts.
With the addition of the V-Caps, my speakers are at a whole new level.  There were some other changes made at about the same time and everything is breaking in at its own rate, but I can tell that the speakers are doing things now they weren't before.

The mids and highs have gotten more detailed and holographic, while at the same time there is a greater sense of "ease" around the presentation.  Imaging has also improved, especially from front to back - it is easier to place the instruments.  I realize some of this is the new preamp, but without the cap upgrade I know I wouldn't be hearing what I'm hearing now.  There also seems to be better balance/integration between the bass, mids and highs.  Low level detail has improved TREMENDOUSLY - THANKS JACK!!  The caps were a bit strident the first 10 hours or so - now after about 150 there is no trace of stridency.  I am also now picking up aural cues from various discs that were previously masked in the background - that is one of the biggest changes.  Sounds are being brought forward from a quieter, more airy background.  Its hard for me to describe it much better - you've just got to hear it.  Jack probably knows exactly what I am talking about, and I'm sure Albert does as well.  I also know that as the caps continue to gradually break-in, so will my ears, such that in a few months I will probably take the current performance, which I am now so excited about, for granted.  Such is the nature of the hobby, I suppose....

In my opinion, the cap upgrade took my 7's up quite literally a few notches in performance, in an already pretty highly resolving system.  I can now REALLY hear my digital front end for the first time - its pretty addictive.  I'm smiling...