Arcus Listening Session - Cancelled

mgalusha

Arcus Listening Session - Cancelled
« on: 27 Feb 2013, 03:44 am »
Cancelling this, only one person expressed interest and he never got back to me.

I posted this in Denver audiophiles section but since Ryan now has his own area I thought I'd repost here.

I currently have the Vapor Arcus speakers in for audition and Ryan of Vapor Sound mentioned several folks in the Denver area had asked him about demos. So this is an interest check. If any AC members in the Denver area are interested in having a listen to these speakers I'm offering to have a little listening session on March 17. My room can accommodate a max of 7 folks and of course you'll have to share the sweet spot.

If interested please respond in this thread or PM.

Mike

System info:

Analog - Teres Audio TT/Arm, Soundsmith "The Voice", PS GCPH
Digital - Mytek DSD DAC or Lindemann USB 24/192, custom PC
Bent Audio TAP-X AVC Pre
Acoustic Imagery ATSAH NC or Coincident Dragon 211 amps
Kaplan and MG Audio cables
Other assorted bits.
« Last Edit: 14 Mar 2013, 07:24 pm by mgalusha »

richidoo

Re: Arcus Listening Session
« Reply #1 on: 27 Feb 2013, 05:00 am »
That looks like a very cool little speaker. Curious to know how they compare to your own DIY version.
Have fun Mike!
Rich

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #2 on: 27 Feb 2013, 05:13 am »
I got a chance to hear them at Mike's a couple of weeks ago hooked up to some SET's, and also to some nCore's.  "Little" is not what I'd use to describe them :D

mgalusha

« Reply #3 on: 27 Feb 2013, 05:19 am »
I got a chance to hear them at Mike's a couple of weeks ago hooked up to some SET's, and also to some nCore's.  "Little" is not what I'd use to describe them :D

Not little but certainly smaller than my other speakers. I have them sounding much better than when you heard them, 'course at the time they had only been here for a couple of days.

richidoo

« Reply #4 on: 27 Feb 2013, 05:19 am »
Yeah, I think the picture is deceiving without something for scale.  How'd they do on loud symphony stuff Tyson? Nice clean accurate tone? Hard to find that with high sensitivity.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #5 on: 27 Feb 2013, 05:41 am »
That looks like a very cool little speaker.

:lol:  Saw that, had to laugh!  Their heft belies their size. 

Thanks for hosting the get-together Mike, and giving more people a chance to hear them.  I have no doubt that with your gear, room, and setup skill they'll shine.