Magnavox cd player

Mark Korda

• Dawkus
Magnavox cd player
« on: 7 Nov 2011, 11:01 pm »
Hi all,when I needed a dvd player acouple years ago I went to Wall Mart and bought a small little gray Magnavox for 35 dollars.It also plays cd's.(MWD200F).I built from a kit a Corda headphone amp from Germany.Jan Meirer the owner checked my work and fixed a few resistors I messed up on,so the amp works fine.I have Grado SR 80's for phones.I am using the Corda with the cheap Magnavox right near my computer,not a lap top.The music seems to sound great,but I can't find any specs on the Magnavox in the owners manual.I quess my question is ,Am I getting a good enough source of music for my set up? Thanks....Mark Korda.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Re: Magnavox cd player
« Reply #1 on: 7 Nov 2011, 11:57 pm »
If it sounds good to you and your happy with it, then its fine.
Realistically probably not though, you are listening to just CD's? or computer stored computer files??
The Corda's are nice units so thats I would think fine, its the DVD/CD player you might find thats holding your sound back without you even knowing it....

Mark Korda

• Dawkus
« Reply #2 on: 8 Nov 2011, 06:58 am »
Hi Eclein,I had to hear someone say that..you answered both questions...thanks Mark K.

Æ

« Reply #3 on: 8 Nov 2011, 07:30 am »
Hi all,when I needed a dvd player acouple years ago I went to Wall Mart and bought a small little gray Magnavox for 35 dollars.It also plays cd's.(MWD200F).I built from a kit a Corda headphone amp from Germany.Jan Meirer the owner checked my work and fixed a few resistors I messed up on,so the amp works fine.I have Grado SR 80's for phones.I am using the Corda with the cheap Magnavox right near my computer,not a lap top.The music seems to sound great,but I can't find any specs on the Magnavox in the owners manual.I quess my question is ,Am I getting a good enough source of music for my set up? Thanks....Mark Korda.

Kind of reminds me of what I did. I too went to WalMart and bought a budget DVD player, a $40 PHILIPS for use as a CD player only. Part of my garage system, so I can listen to CDs when I'm busy working in the garage. Specs really don't mean anything, because they all have good specs. What matters is the sound and if it sounds good why complain. But the only way to know for sure is by comparative listening tests.