New Music Server, Squeezebox Touch Died

skalos

Re: New Music Server, Squeezebox Touch Died
« Reply #20 on: 4 Mar 2021, 04:36 pm »
Great recommendation on "Soundiiz". I will check into it.

Older working "Touch"s still get a good price. I've seen $150-$250.  Not bad for a 10 year old streamer that was $299 when new.

budyog

• I don't listen to audio, I listen to music.
« Reply #21 on: 4 Mar 2021, 04:51 pm »
Qobuz is my next step. 

I have been using Amazon HD Music for a while but it will be hard to get rid of because my wife has already setup many playlists on the Node that include our own flac files and Amazon Music streams.  She will "kill" me when we cancel Amazon and she has to create all new playlists.

Ugg

Like another said, Soundiiz! I had hundreds of favored artist and 45 playlist with between 900 and 999 songs on Tidal (999 is the cap on Qobuz) and Soundiiz Platform to Platform copied everything over from Tidal to Qobuz and I was also able to make an Excel spreadsheet for future reference, sweet! Understand Qobuz does not have everything Tidal has but they have some releases of my artist Tidal does not have. It cost me $36 for a 1 year of Soundiiz, but once it's transferred, no need to continue with Soundiiz unless you have the need but it was well worth the $36. And do you know Qobuz is $90 less a year than Tidal!

mr_bill

« Reply #22 on: 5 Mar 2021, 04:57 pm »
to this day, I use and love my SB Touch with iPeng

mcgsxr

« Reply #23 on: 5 Mar 2021, 07:14 pm »
I have replaced my SB3 (Bolder modded - though the SB3 was sold long ago, its not like I A/B'd them) and Touch with Raspi with Allo HAT's.  These can also Airplay so that opens up streaming Apple music for me (but mostly my daughters).

Still using LMS, and LOVE iPeng as the controller. 
« Last Edit: 23 Mar 2021, 09:39 pm by mcgsxr »

skalos

« Reply #24 on: 23 Mar 2021, 08:00 pm »
Hi All,

Update on my Node 2i purchase compared to the Touch:

I am still getting comfortable with the interface.  The Touch interface worked really well using I-peng. The Bluos will probably work just as well for me over time.  The nice thing about the Bluos is accessing my music inventory and streaming services in one place which is much easier than the Touch.  Cudos to the Touch for all it does for over 10 years when music technology changes so often.

One problem I have is that about 15% of my album art will not display on the Bluos.  I see a message that I should keep album art below a certain resolution.  This seems a bit ridiculous when we've been displaying high quality album art in the touch for so long.  I now have to replace much of my album art to have it display properly?  Please let me know if my Bluos is buggy or if what I am seeing is correct.

I am happy with the sound, which has a quieter background and the music has more texture, compared with  the Touch.  I'm still evaluating the sound.

Best,

Steven