Hot Headphone Deals!!

dB Cooper

Re: Hot Headphone Deals!!
« Reply #240 on: 25 Nov 2017, 03:11 am »
https://www.sweetwater.com/sale/black-friday?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=eBlast%20%238%20-%20Sweetwater%20Black%20Friday%20Sale%21&utm_campaign=eBlast%20%238%20-%20Sweetwater%20Black%20Friday%20Sale%21#modal

Sweetwater has Shure 535 in ears for $299. Very tempted.
Understandable. They're great. I love mine.
I'm wondering if Shure is coming out with new models. I'm seeing a lot of 'specials' on them.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #241 on: 25 Nov 2017, 03:13 am »
Understandable. They're great. I love mine.
I'm wondering if Shure is coming out with new models. I'm seeing a lot of 'specials' on them.
Same with HifiMan.

rif

• Not a cowboy
« Reply #242 on: 25 Nov 2017, 03:37 am »
Slightly off topic, but can someone recommend any of these deals for use at the gym?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #243 on: 25 Nov 2017, 04:55 am »
Slightly off topic, but can someone recommend any of these deals for use at the gym?
Not to gym they are hifi HP, a cheap IEM would be suited.

ccklone

• The Only Good Head is a Deadhead
« Reply #244 on: 25 Nov 2017, 12:51 pm »

Hey Now,

For the gym? I can recommend:
Zircon Rock IEM
VE Monk Earbuds

A bargain at these prices for the sound you get.

Finest kind,
Chris

rif

• Not a cowboy

restrav

« Reply #246 on: 25 Nov 2017, 04:41 pm »
Now the 2nd batch of these headphones are on sale and they have remedied the few QC issues that the first batch had. as far as the SQ is concerned they are probably the best headphones for the money on the plant. definitely better than most Hifimans, better resolution, bass, sound stage than any dynamic i have ever heard, basically an LCD-2 in disguise (actually i suspect that they have the same innards as LCD-2 as not many manufacturers make these anyway.)

i am posting this because they are on sale for 250 and it is my opinion that these headphones are worth it even at $600.  at 250 they are money very well spent.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=120&cp_id=12001&cs_id=1082707&p_id=16050&seq=1&format=2

on a side note: the presentation very different than Senn 650 so it is difficult to compare them, i think you need both of these phones in your life.
« Last Edit: 26 Nov 2017, 04:05 pm by Dadbeh »

dB Cooper

« Reply #247 on: 26 Nov 2017, 03:02 pm »
Not to gym they are hifi HP, a cheap IEM would be suited.
Yeah, too much opportunity for something to happen in a gym situation, I'd use something I didn't have a lot of $ into in case something happened to it or I lost it.

BigChubby

« Reply #248 on: 26 Nov 2017, 04:49 pm »
I saw someone mentioned Audeze, but I didn't see a reference to the LCD-X.
These are currently $1199 - down from $1699.  They call it their Creator Edition or something like that.  It's all the same except you don't get the little pelican case.
Don't know how long the special lasts though.

And on another topic, Violectric is having a 25% off sale through the 29th.

Cacophonix

« Reply #249 on: 26 Nov 2017, 05:33 pm »
Now the 2nd batch of these headphones are on sale and they have remedied the few QC issues that the first batch had. as far as the SQ is concerned they are probably the best headphones for the money on the plant. definitely better than most Hifimans, better resolution, bass, sound stage than any dynamic i have ever heard, basically an LCD-2 in disguise (actually i suspect that they have the same innards as LCD-2 as not many manufacturers make these anyway.)

i am posting this because they are on sale for 250 and it is my opinion that these headphones are worth it even at $600.  at 250 they are money very well spent.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=120&cp_id=12001&cs_id=1082707&p_id=16050&seq=1&format=2

on a side note: the presentation very different than Senn 650 so it is difficult to compare them, i think you need both of these phones in your life.

Hmm ... Wonder how much different this is from the Massdrop HE-4XX?

restrav

« Reply #250 on: 26 Nov 2017, 05:51 pm »
i would love for other people with expereice with this headphone to weigh in. on my part i made my opinion clear. other than Senn HD6XX and this Monolith no other headphone uinder 600 is worth buying for hifi. i think this monolith is better than all hifimans and every beyerdynamic. i only singled out HD6xx (which is the same as HD650) because it is only 200 dollars and it has such beautiful presentation with any moderately powerful head amp. both are extremely comfortable too. this monolith is a must have. the pads on it rival $1000 headphones. they are not real leather but so what? they are incredibly comfortable, feel good, good isolation and sound perfect.

restrav

« Reply #251 on: 26 Nov 2017, 06:10 pm »
Hmm ... Wonder how much different this is from the Massdrop HE-4XX?

the one that i owned had some cosmetic imperfections and i returned it and bought a nre pair at 250 bucks. as soon as i get it i will do these mods as well. i dint do them onm my 1st pair just because i wanted to return them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOCqN96eEgo

rif

• Not a cowboy
« Reply #252 on: 26 Nov 2017, 06:34 pm »
I've owned the sennheiser hd600, hd650, and hifiman 400i.  I like the hifiman the best. But honestly at the price they are all selling for, you can't go wrong.  A year or so ago, these were much more expensive and people loved them.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #253 on: 26 Nov 2017, 06:54 pm »
I dont understand as HD600/650 released 1997 yet are in the market today and at full price, they are senile 20 yo products, I suppose while sales do not drop they will be avaliable.

restrav

« Reply #254 on: 26 Nov 2017, 07:02 pm »
I dont understand as HD600/650 released 1997 yet are in the market today and at full price, they are senile 20 yo products, I suppose while sales do not drop they will be avaliable.

i dont know what you mean by "full price" i know that 3 years ago i couldnt find HD650 under 400 but now it is 200 with warraty and everything on massdrop. as far as the sound is concerned i think they sound better than most other headphones so what does it matter if they were released in 1920 even?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #255 on: 26 Nov 2017, 07:36 pm »
i dont know what you mean by "full price" i know that 3 years ago i couldnt find HD650 under 400 but now it is 200 with warraty and everything on massdrop. as far as the sound is concerned i think they sound better than most other headphones so what does it matter if they were released in 1920 even?
Indeed SQ is a personal taste, I didnt see Sennheiser made in Germany at $200 it woul be a fair price.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #256 on: 26 Nov 2017, 10:01 pm »
Do the current 650's use the same driver technology, and produce the same level of distortion as the 1997 model?
Dont know it. Do you know is the HD600/650/700 use the same 40mm driver?

restrav

« Reply #257 on: 27 Nov 2017, 02:36 am »
did  you guys understand that the point of my post was Monolith 1060 planar headphones and I only brought up HD650 as a side note?

dB Cooper

« Reply #258 on: 27 Nov 2017, 11:03 am »
HD650 is the headphone people love to hate (as evidenced by this thread); even when they have no direct personal experience of it, that doesn't prevent some from having strong opinions of it. Based on nothing but somebody else's opinion (which may or may not have much validity) in some cases, but whatever.

Its success speaks for itself... How many tech products (especially in the fickle, 'wonderful today, trash tomorrow' audio world) can claim a 20 yr track record?

BTW 1997 was the 580. 600 came later and 650 a number of years after that. The 'gist' of the design may have originated with the 580 but there many design detail and sonic differences between them. The quality of the original design is why it has been so successful for so long. 600 and 650 do not use the same driver. (Tyll H did a comparison at innerfi; the plots look quite different). BTW this line just entered its fourth iteration, with the 660S. Is it better? I don't know; I lack the psychic ability to judge audio components I haven't heard. I suspect it's probably not too shabby. It's definitely competitive in it's price bracket, if past history is any indication; if you don't like it, there are plenty of alternatives. If there's one thing that galls me more than presenting opinion as fact, it's repeating somebody else's opinion and presenting it as fact.

murphy11

« Reply #259 on: 27 Nov 2017, 02:43 pm »
Open box Hifiman HE-400i for 189 - http://store.hifiman.com/index.php/he-400i-558.html