6550 AMP DIY??? Comming to the Randall Musem!

Sonny

6550 AMP DIY??? Comming to the Randall Musem!
« on: 22 Nov 2011, 07:20 pm »
You are cordially invited to the Vacuum Tube Users Group meeting at the Randall Museum. We will audition a pair of push pull 6550 mono bloc tube amps that are designed for a future Randall Museum DIY class. I am still voicing the amps so your opinion would be appreciated.

In this meeting I will give a short talk about the amp’s circuit then a listening session comparing the 6550 with some classic push pull tube amps (Marantz 8b, QUAD II, Ampex 6973). The complimentary electronics are the Randall Linestage and Randall Phono playing a Fidelity Research FR1 Mk3 cartridge on a modified Technics SL1800 Mk2 through a Altec / Peerless 4722 transformer. The speakers are mid-fi Klipsch Chorus but are good enough to hear general differences between the amps. Feel free to bring a tube amp for comparison, I’m always open for a little friendly competition.

This meeting will also give you the opportunity to see and hear the Randall PhonoStage. I will be giving the phonostage class one last time (and this will really be the last time) this January.

Time: November 26, 2011 1 pm

Place: Randall Museum Auditorium 199 Museum Way, SF, CA 94114 

http://www.randallmuseum.org/HoursAndDirections.aspx

Presenter: Ed Yang randallphono@yahoo.com