Tube adapters....advice needed please

Flyin_V

Tube adapters....advice needed please
« on: 10 Jul 2021, 07:28 pm »
I have a tube adapter that was miswired when it was built and doesn't work. Does anyone know if it can be opened? There are two small holes in the bottom near pins 2 and 6 but they don't open it.

The ebay seller is no help.

Thanks for any advice.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Tube adapters....advice needed please
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jul 2021, 08:29 pm »
I have a tube adapter that was miswired when it was built and doesn't work. Does anyone know if it can be opened? There are two small holes in the bottom near pins 2 and 6 but they don't open it.

The ebay seller is no help.

Thanks for any advice.

Its pressure closed or glue, these things are assembled to not being opened due to hi DC voltage, ask for a refund or a new one to the seller if no help contact Ebay custumer service.

Flyin_V

« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2021, 12:31 am »
Thanks FRM. Problem is seller says it was tested before it left China and it was fine.

mhconley

« Reply #3 on: 11 Jul 2021, 02:30 am »
If the original ad states the seller accepts returns they must accept the return regardless of the reason. If the ad states the seller doesn’t accept returns I’d still open a case with eBay stating the item is defective.

Martin

JakeJ

« Reply #4 on: 11 Jul 2021, 02:36 am »
You should have the pin to pin wiring diagram?  If so use a DMM to check it for continuity from input to output, pin by pin, to make sure a connection was not broken.  If you find an open then you can take a picture and prove it to get a replacement or refund.

Make sure it is for the tube you wish to adapt.

Sorry if it seems like I'm preaching to the choir but I'm just trying to think of the possible problems.

jjss49

« Reply #5 on: 11 Jul 2021, 05:41 am »
ahhh the joys of buying from china sellers on ebay

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #6 on: 11 Jul 2021, 02:59 pm »
Looks like there is a hitch in these 4 recesses.

vonnie123

« Reply #7 on: 12 Jul 2021, 12:49 am »
I've bought a few of these from fleabay.  I'd suggest you get pin outs from pocnet.net and use a meter and check the connections.

They do go bad from time to time, but it's usually after sustained use from the heat, and they get noisy, versus failing.

If you purchased on ebay/paypal, you should be able to file a complaint for receiving a defective item.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 12 Jul 2021, 01:00 am »
Should be noted that after it be opened it will not work as intended due the short wiring inside.

Flyin_V

« Reply #9 on: 12 Jul 2021, 04:28 pm »
I was wondering about the internal wire length.

Flyin_V

« Reply #10 on: 12 Jul 2021, 04:32 pm »
If the original ad states the seller accepts returns they must accept the return regardless of the reason. If the ad states the seller doesn’t accept returns I’d still open a case with eBay stating the item is defective.

Martin

It may come to that

Flyin_V

« Reply #11 on: 12 Jul 2021, 04:36 pm »
You should have the pin to pin wiring diagram?  If so use a DMM to check it for continuity from input to output, pin by pin, to make sure a connection was not broken.  If you find an open then you can take a picture and prove it to get a replacement or refund.

Make sure it is for the tube you wish to adapt.

Sorry if it seems like I'm preaching to the choir but I'm just trying to think of the possible problems.

The other adapter I bought works fine so I do have a reference.

Flyin_V

« Reply #12 on: 12 Jul 2021, 04:38 pm »
ahhh the joys of buying from china sellers on ebay

I'm surprised someone in the states doesn't make these as a side business.

Flyin_V

« Reply #13 on: 12 Jul 2021, 04:46 pm »
I've bought a few of these from fleabay.  I'd suggest you get pin outs from pocnet.net and use a meter and check the connections.

They do go bad from time to time, but it's usually after sustained use from the heat, and they get noisy, versus failing.

If you purchased on ebay/paypal, you should be able to file a complaint for receiving a defective item.

I have the pinouts and a second working adapter for reference. Never heard of them going bad but these are only the second pair I've tried.

GerryD

« Reply #14 on: 12 Jul 2021, 07:15 pm »
I don't know if these adapters would allow you to use the tubes you want to use, but they appear to be of high quality:

https://tinyurl.com/4nntc2bc

Flyin_V

« Reply #15 on: 12 Jul 2021, 08:12 pm »
I don't know if these adapters would allow you to use the tubes you want to use, but they appear to be of high quality:

https://tinyurl.com/4nntc2bc

These aren't what I need but I did email them to see if they can make what I do need. The quality looks good.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #16 on: 12 Jul 2021, 08:26 pm »
I was wondering about the internal wire length.
Sometimes there is no wiring at all, just pin tô pin.