You must try Pandafeet -Sorbothane footers

Bob Bartlett

« Reply #40 on: 19 Nov 2003, 11:49 am »
I have the projector mounted on the back wall and the subwoofer is on the same back wall. It doesn't vibrate much only when I have it cranked. Besides moving the sub, which I can't do right now, I was hoping to find something to absorb some of the vibration. I can always try the feet and see if they help.

Lak

« Reply #41 on: 19 Nov 2003, 01:26 pm »
The Pandafeet work quite well on granite :D

gary

« Reply #42 on: 19 Nov 2003, 02:54 pm »
Bob,

As I said in the email I just sent you, I think the Pandafeet would help but I'm not sure they'd cure the problem completely. You may just be getting too much vibration at too high an amplitude. And, like you said you could always buy them and see what you think, there is a money-back guarantee after all.

What I would really recommend is that you buy a piece of granite to use along with the sorbothane (small ones can be had for as little as $20). You would just need to put a small inntertube underneath it, and then put the pandafeet between the granite and your projector. I can pretty much guarantee that this would isolate your projector from all of the vibrations that are giving you problems now. For more information on this, see this link:

http://www.pandathumbaudio.com/vibration.htm

-Gary

Mad DOg

Re: You must try Pandafeet -Sorbothane footers
« Reply #43 on: 7 Dec 2003, 08:50 am »
Quote from: audiojerry
...The results were remarkable. I'm not sure of the biggest reason why Pandafeet improved the sound so much, but I think it must be reduced distortion. Specifically, I heard better focus, tighter bass, less smearing of musical notes, and less harshness. The overall result was a significantly more musical experience...

i'm long overdue with my impressions on the pandafeet. like AudioJerry, i use them under my PT P-3/A DAC...while the difference it makes in my system isn't as great as Jerry's, i did experience an improvement in sound that was more than subtle. i definitely found that it helped w/ focus, tightened the bass, reduced the smearing of notes, and even smoothed out my already very smooth system which i had no complaints with...is the improvement i heard worth the money one would pay for pandafeet? yeah, absolutely!

so like jerry, i'd whole-heartedly recommend others to give the pandafeet a try...it might be small money well spent...:)

audiojerry

Re: You must try Pandafeet -Sorbothane footers
« Reply #44 on: 8 Dec 2003, 02:53 pm »
Quote from: Mad DOg
i'm long overdue with my impressions on the pandafeet. like AudioJerry, i use them under my PT P-3/A DAC...while the difference it makes in my system isn't as great as Jerry's, i did experience an improvement in sound that was more than subtle. i definitely found that it helped w/ focus, tightened the bass, reduced the smearing of notes, and even smoothed out my already very smooth system which i had no complaints with...is the improvement i heard worth the money one would pay for pandafeet? yeah, absolutel ...

It's always going to be a problem quantifying one listener's impressions vs. another's, but I think Mad Dog and I probably heard similar improvements - just stated them differently. I consider an improvement dramatic if you can immediately and easily hear the difference. With Pandafeet, it was a no-brainer. Thanks for posting your impressions. I've got to order more for the rest of my system.