NX-Otica kits are ready to ship.

Danny Richie

Re: NX-Otica kits are ready to ship.
« Reply #40 on: 29 Jul 2016, 02:02 pm »
No in the market right now, but looking closely at them. Thank you.
I would prefer this version of the box. http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=139529.0

I am also a bit confused which tweeter is in the NX-Oticas, some use a dome tweeter some something that looks like Neo3.
Does the dust cap in midrange drivers have to be bronze in color?

That box Peter is building is for the X-Otica. It uses the X-Series dome tweeter. That kit is available for $1,295. It does not include cabinets, but cabinet plans are available.

The NX-Otica is the same basic speaker but uses the Neo tweeter in a wave guide. That kit comes with the CNC'ed flat pack and is $2,195.

The drivers in the MTM section are our M165NQ woofers (16 ohm version). They don't have a dust cap. That is a solid Aluminum phase plug that is Copper coated and anodized.

mirekti

« Reply #41 on: 29 Jul 2016, 08:12 pm »
Is there a link where one could see the NX Otica specs (crossover frequencies, how much power they need etc.) ?

Danny Richie

« Reply #42 on: 29 Jul 2016, 08:31 pm »
Is there a link where one could see the NX Otica specs (crossover frequencies, how much power they need etc.) ?

You can see all the measurements in this thread documenting the development. http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=138009.0

More measurements made during development are here: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=138009.40

the final measurements are on the first page of this thread.

The are an 8 ohm speaker dipping to 4 ohms in the top end. And the sensitivity is 93db. I am driving them to solid levels with a chip amp that produces cleanly about 8 watts.

jseipp

« Reply #43 on: 29 Jul 2016, 10:46 pm »
You'll have seen a lot of Jay's (Captainhemo's) work looking through the threads.  He is wonderful in working with you produce cabinets that suit your tastes and would be a great source of sub cabinets as well as cabinets for the NX-Otticas.  I couldn't give a higher recommendation. :thumb:

Danny's work literally speaks for itself. :)  I have the Wedgies here, which foreshadowed the NX-Otticas.  It's difficult to imagine better sound than the Wedgies produce, but I have no doubt that Danny has done it again with the -Otticas.

Captainhemo

« Reply #44 on: 1 Nov 2016, 06:47 pm »
I've always been more than impressed with the NX-Ottica/OB  H-frame combo , last night  we paired them with Don's new  mono's and I now have a new appreciation of just how good these speakers really are,  unreal :roll:
Danny,  get those  big blue monsters fixed and have a listen  :)

jay

RoadTripper

« Reply #45 on: 13 Aug 2018, 03:43 pm »
Are these kits still available? I don't see them on the website.

Captainhemo

« Reply #46 on: 13 Aug 2018, 03:55 pm »
Yes, but we need to have some  more  side panels cut.
Just  call Danny  to  order  :thumb:

jay

Danny Richie

« Reply #47 on: 13 Aug 2018, 07:07 pm »
As soon as I get settled in from the move to our new location I'll update the website with the new models. Right now everything not on the website can be ordered by calling.

Bassaholic

« Reply #48 on: 11 Nov 2018, 01:29 pm »
Hello all,
First post from long time lurker. I am in the process of putting together the NX-Oticas with the OB3-12 subs. I am hoping this will be my main system sound for a long time (or my wife may terminate me). Currently addicted to the open back sound with the Spatial M3 Turbo S and can’t go back to box sound. Danny and Jay are very approachable and helpful. When everything arrives I will try to post my progress. Thanks to all on this forum for making it a positive place to learn.

Bassaholic

« Reply #49 on: 23 Jan 2019, 05:56 pm »
Does anyone know how much a NX Otica weighs finished? Thx in advance!

Captainhemo

« Reply #50 on: 23 Jan 2019, 06:45 pm »
Never weighed one but  I'm   gonna  say approximately 100 lbs, probably  a bit less but...

jay

Danny Richie

« Reply #51 on: 23 Jan 2019, 06:48 pm »
A pair might weigh that much.

Vedder323

• vinyl reviews and more, check out Newrecordday.com
    • New Record Day
« Reply #52 on: 23 Jan 2019, 10:03 pm »
I know exactly how much they weigh finished, 72 pounds each.

Thanks

-Ron

Bassaholic

« Reply #53 on: 29 Jan 2019, 12:22 pm »
Hi all,
Just a shout out to Jay- received my NX-Otica flat packs from Jay. They were well packaged (beyond belief) and dry fit together well. Look forward to this project!

Captainhemo

« Reply #54 on: 19 Jul 2019, 10:27 pm »
Hey folks
Just a  heads up,  we've got NX-Otica's back in stock.   here's a  shot of  a sheet of baffles on the 5 axis  machine

jay

Groundzero

« Reply #55 on: 12 Sep 2019, 01:02 pm »
I have a quick question regarding the NX-Otica. I'm playing with the idea of replacing my V2s with these, but space is still a bit of a concern. When you talk about 3ft from a wall, are you talking from the drivers or the back of the cabinet? Also is there anything that can be done to optimize the situation? Heavy dampening, a lot of diffusion? Thanks.

Danny Richie

« Reply #56 on: 12 Sep 2019, 02:52 pm »
I have a quick question regarding the NX-Otica. I'm playing with the idea of replacing my V2s with these, but space is still a bit of a concern. When you talk about 3ft from a wall, are you talking from the drivers or the back of the cabinet? Also is there anything that can be done to optimize the situation? Heavy dampening, a lot of diffusion? Thanks.

The further the better. And you can improve the situation with absorption and diffusion on the front wall. 

Groundzero

« Reply #57 on: 12 Sep 2019, 06:03 pm »
Thanks for the reply Danny. What are the main differences between the full NX-Otica, and doing the MTM section on top of the H frames? I'm imagining the OB subs do the low end better, and the full speaker doesn't go as low, so what's the trade off? Thanks

Danny Richie

« Reply #58 on: 12 Sep 2019, 10:07 pm »
Thanks for the reply Danny. What are the main differences between the full NX-Otica, and doing the MTM section on top of the H frames? I'm imagining the OB subs do the low end better, and the full speaker doesn't go as low, so what's the trade off? Thanks

Both need the servo subs to cover the lower end.

With the full sized version the crossover point to the servo subs can be much lower and blend more seamlessly. It also allows you to place the subs where they work best in the room rather than placing them where the speakers work best in the room. So there is some flexibility there with the full size model. 

But the MTM on the servo subs tie up less floor space.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #59 on: 13 Sep 2019, 01:07 am »
Both need the servo subs to cover the lower end.

With the full sized version the crossover point to the servo subs can be much lower and blend more seamlessly. It also allows you to place the subs where they work best in the room rather than placing them where the speakers work best in the room. So there is some flexibility there with the full size model. 

But the MTM on the servo subs tie up less floor space.

The less floor space is the deciding factor in my 12’x14’x8’ room.  An added bonus is the two piece design is a lot easier to get up the stairs to the second floor where my man cave is.