Soon to be new Omega owner with questions...

Sandals123

Re: Soon to be new Omega owner with questions...
« Reply #20 on: 5 Mar 2020, 05:07 pm »
Nice set up too! I bet the sound is amazing! Yes, in my current set up, I am using the Bluesound Node 2i as source and it is quite good for the price!

Kray

« Reply #21 on: 5 Mar 2020, 05:10 pm »
I want to talk to you more about your Omega experience. I haven't had time to really read all of your thread. Are you the guy in Denver? Anyway, what did the Dirty Weekends not do for you? I own a pair and they're by far the most all around best speaker I have ever owned. They are in my main theater system. I did have them in my main two channel system with my way more expensive amps and electronics and they were simply stunning! I liked that I could slam some NIN and really be moved, then switch it up to female vocals and be just as impressed. They're just a very well rounded do it all kind of speaker.

Now all that being said. Omega's are superb speakers! I owned a pair before, Super 3XRS's with built in subs ran off a 2 watt per channel Super Zen. Match made in heaven. I am now on to my second pair of Omega speakers. Louis is in the building stage right now of monitor speakers for me. They're going to have dual RS5 drivers in a custom wide baffle enclosure with a front port. I went with the RS5 driver because they're even quicker and livelier than the CAM drivers. From what I have been told, the fastest and best imaging driver Louis offers. Just a little lean on the bass which I am augmenting with subwoofers. So no concerns there. I get the luxury of different systems to play with. All different. But I will post impressions of the two differences between the ZU's and Omega's.

How’d you know I’m in Denver? :)

So I had the Zu’s and really enjoyed them. They were in a different space and I had to eq them to get the most out. To be honest I can’t remember them well enough to compare to the CAM’s I have. I sold the Zu’s to try the Harbeths. Like I mentioned, I really liked the Zu’s when I had them so didn’t sell because I didn’t like them. Just trying new things.

But the CAM’s have impressed me completely. Didn’t know you could get such big sound out of such a small speaker. So now I can’t wait to get the Super 6 Alnico XRS.

This is what’s running them

AvsFan

« Reply #22 on: 6 Mar 2020, 06:11 am »
How’d you know I’m in Denver? :)

So I had the Zu’s and really enjoyed them. They were in a different space and I had to eq them to get the most out. To be honest I can’t remember them well enough to compare to the CAM’s I have. I sold the Zu’s to try the Harbeths. Like I mentioned, I really liked the Zu’s when I had them so didn’t sell because I didn’t like them. Just trying new things.

But the CAM’s have impressed me completely. Didn’t know you could get such big sound out of such a small speaker. So now I can’t wait to get the Super 6 Alnico XRS.

This is what’s running them

That's top secret. FBI type of stuff. I can't disclose that information. Lets just say, I am the eyes and ears of this institution!

Kidding. You and I have talked in length over at Audiokarma! I think we even talked about getting some CO people together for RMAF but that never came to fruition.

I hear ya. On the wanting to try new things. Being on these forums sure as heck doesn't help. I have the luxury of 3 different systems in my home so I am making them all very different from one another. Kind of like what beer do I want today? Porter, Stout, Pilsner. IPA or Lager. All very good, just depends on what mood I am in. I would hate to only have one speaker to chose from because they all offer different and unique characteristics from one another. People always ask, well which one is better? None of the above. They're all just different. All three are VERY good speakers. 1st world problems huh. LOL  :D

But I have my ZU's in the theater. I have Magnepan LRS's in my office/two channel music room and Louis is building me a pair of dual RS5 wide baffle monitors, which I am putting in the office and moving the Maggie's downstairs to my living room system. As you can see, those three choices are drastically different from one another. I'll listen to my ZU's for a couple of weeks, then start missing the Maggie's so listen to those for two weeks, then miss my ZU's. Now I'll get to throw one more speaker into the mix.

Anyway, yes, Omega's are very special. Why it's my second pair. I'm curious to see how they sound in that room compared to the Maggie's. The Mag's are VERY good speakers!

Welcome to AC Kray! It's about time you joined us.  :D

Kray

« Reply #23 on: 6 Mar 2020, 10:42 pm »
That's top secret. FBI type of stuff. I can't disclose that information. Lets just say, I am the eyes and ears of this institution!

Kidding. You and I have talked in length over at Audiokarma! I think we even talked about getting some CO people together for RMAF but that never came to fruition.

I hear ya. On the wanting to try new things. Being on these forums sure as heck doesn't help. I have the luxury of 3 different systems in my home so I am making them all very different from one another. Kind of like what beer do I want today? Porter, Stout, Pilsner. IPA or Lager. All very good, just depends on what mood I am in. I would hate to only have one speaker to chose from because they all offer different and unique characteristics from one another. People always ask, well which one is better? None of the above. They're all just different. All three are VERY good speakers. 1st world problems huh. LOL  :D

But I have my ZU's in the theater. I have Magnepan LRS's in my office/two channel music room and Louis is building me a pair of dual RS5 wide baffle monitors, which I am putting in the office and moving the Maggie's downstairs to my living room system. As you can see, those three choices are drastically different from one another. I'll listen to my ZU's for a couple of weeks, then start missing the Maggie's so listen to those for two weeks, then miss my ZU's. Now I'll get to throw one more speaker into the mix.

Anyway, yes, Omega's are very special. Why it's my second pair. I'm curious to see how they sound in that room compared to the Maggie's. The Mag's are VERY good speakers!

Welcome to AC Kray! It's about time you joined us.  :D

Ah yes! from CS. You are lucky you get 3 diff systems. But I am getting very close to leaving it be and not change anything for a while.

Offer still stands if you ever want to get together and listen/talk shop

AvsFan

« Reply #24 on: 10 Mar 2020, 04:05 am »
Ah yes! from CS. You are lucky you get 3 diff systems. But I am getting very close to leaving it be and not change anything for a while.

Offer still stands if you ever want to get together and listen/talk shop

That's me. I am getting close. I have had the DAC and Magnepan system for almost a year! So I have been pretty happy with it, but the Mags need more juice, so I am stepping up to a better amp that has a lot more headroom. 400 watts per channel up from 125. This should be the end game amp for the Maggie's. I already love the sound of the Digital Amplifier Company STM but the owner says that the 2-CHerry sounds even better, lower noise and a ton more power. So I am excited to get this. I just listened to my system for the final time tonight. Packed up the amp and am shipping it back tomorrow. 

Don't know what route I am taking with Louis's dual RS5 HO monitors. If I put them in the room where the Maggies are, I'll put the Maggies downstairs. However if I don't like the Omega's as much as I like the Maggie's in that room, those will be in the living room. And I am pretty sure I want to go back to tubes with the Omega's. Just for an entirely different set up. Or maybe one of Frank's amps. The SET 120 would be a solid choice. Don't know.

And of course. Maybe this summer we can get together. Or if you're ever in the Springs let me know.

But this journey has been fun, it's opened up my ears to different possibilities and I love the problem and dilemma of figuring out which system I want to listen to. But once I get it all soundin the way I want, I am done. Seriously!

Kray

« Reply #25 on: 12 Mar 2020, 10:57 pm »
Well I got one speaker  :lol:

Fedex botched this. One delivered today and the other scheduled for tomorrow.

FireGuy

« Reply #26 on: 13 Mar 2020, 01:00 am »
Looking real nice.  Omega presents with such simplistic elegance and gentility.

Kray

« Reply #27 on: 13 Mar 2020, 02:39 am »
Looking real nice.  Omega presents with such simplistic elegance and gentility.

Thanks. That’s a great way to put it. Also made the wife happy. She thought my Harbeths were “ugly”   :o  But she saw the Omega’s and said those are pretty.

AvsFan

« Reply #28 on: 13 Mar 2020, 03:51 am »
Well I got one speaker  :lol:

Fedex botched this. One delivered today and the other scheduled for tomorrow.

Go mono !Plenty of stuff out there in mono!

Looks beautiful too!

I am going with a light color, like a light natural cherry or something.

RDavidson

« Reply #29 on: 13 Mar 2020, 04:03 am »
Very nice! I'll be interested in your impressions having upgraded from CAM's. I have owned and enjoyed my CAM's for a few years now...but I sometimes have thoughts of upgrading/trying something different. :)

Sandals123

« Reply #30 on: 13 Mar 2020, 05:04 am »
Georgous! I can only imagine how beautiful they will sound! Your impressions would be fantastic!

mac48025

« Reply #31 on: 13 Mar 2020, 12:07 pm »
I’ve had my CAM’s and DeepHemp 8’s for a few days now and to be honest I wasn’t bowled over by them at first but they’ve come a long way since then and I’m really enjoying them now. I imagine they’ll get better yet as they only have about 60 hours on them. They are absolutely gorgeous in hand sawn Ebony, have a look for yourself.

Kray

« Reply #32 on: 13 Mar 2020, 03:15 pm »
Thanks guys! Will definitely update with my analysis and comparison.

I’ve had my CAM’s and DeepHemp 8’s for a few days now and to be honest I wasn’t bowled over by them at first but they’ve come a long way since then and I’m really enjoying them now. I imagine they’ll get better yet as they only have about 60 hours on them. They are absolutely gorgeous in hand sawn Ebony, have a look for yourself.

My compacts really opened up between 100-200hrs

jmolsberg

« Reply #33 on: 13 Mar 2020, 08:35 pm »

Those are gorgeous! Exercise patience they will reward you with beautiful music

Kray

« Reply #34 on: 20 Mar 2020, 06:43 pm »
Omega’s getting new shoes today....

jmolsberg

« Reply #35 on: 20 Mar 2020, 10:38 pm »
^ great shoes, use the same on my 3xrs HO

AvsFan

« Reply #36 on: 9 Apr 2020, 04:17 am »
Omega’s getting new shoes today....

Louis turned me on to them as well. How do you like them? Any pictures?

AvsFan

« Reply #37 on: 9 Apr 2020, 04:19 am »
I was reading a lot of posts on Isoacoustics website. I mean I am sure they are good and a great way to isolate and decouple your speakers and equipment but does it make as big of a difference in the sound as they claim? From some of the stuff I was reading, it was like a night and day difference.

Kray

« Reply #38 on: 10 Apr 2020, 09:05 pm »
I was reading a lot of posts on Isoacoustics website. I mean I am sure they are good and a great way to isolate and decouple your speakers and equipment but does it make as big of a difference in the sound as they claim? From some of the stuff I was reading, it was like a night and day difference.

The Gaia’s are a nice addition. I don’t feel I heard a “night and day” difference but feel things tightened up a bit so to speak. I also added some maple blocks. I used the omega spikes with a M6 female I installed in the blocks. The blocks brought out a bit more bass as my omegas are bottom ported.

AvsFan

« Reply #39 on: 11 Apr 2020, 03:49 pm »
The Gaia’s are a nice addition. I don’t feel I heard a “night and day” difference but feel things tightened up a bit so to speak. I also added some maple blocks. I used the omega spikes with a M6 female I installed in the blocks. The blocks brought out a bit more bass as my omegas are bottom ported.

So how do you like your Omega’s compared to the ZU’s?