Back In Black!!!

PaulHilgeman

Back In Black!!!
« on: 6 Feb 2007, 03:18 pm »
Well, after completing the development of the Ronin A, and shipping Jim's pair out to him, and completing another pair during the last few weeks, I finally have gotten a chance to finish something that I had planned on completing in January, so I am a few days late... Oh well. 

This is the original pair of Ronins, they have been scarred and beaten badly, so I covered it up with a gloss black finish, which turned out nice. 

As a side note, something totally ridiculous has happened.  Remember the demo pair of Ronins.  Well, with just a few stops left, one has been lost by FedEx.  No, I am not joking, they picked up a 125 lb package, large enough to transport a 6 or 7 year old child in, and then lost it. 

So, either way, I am in the process of constructing a top quality pair to go out for an abbreviated demo tour, and a few reviews :), so look forward to those.  There will be a pretty unique version of the Sentinel posted here soon, cherry and walnut, should be gorgeous. 

Well, here are the pictures. I am so glad to be listening to them again.

TomS

Re: Back In Black!!!
« Reply #1 on: 6 Feb 2007, 04:24 pm »
As a side note, something totally ridiculous has happened.  Remember the demo pair of Ronins.  Well, with just a few stops left, one has been lost by FedEx.  No, I am not joking, they picked up a 125 lb package, large enough to transport a 6 or 7 year old child in, and then lost it. 

Sounds just like when they arrived at my place.... several days apart!!  How they would choose to separate two such clearly paired and unique shipping containers is beyond me, other than one of them maybe got dumped out of the crate requiring them to deal with it.

PaulHilgeman

Re: Back In Black!!!
« Reply #2 on: 6 Feb 2007, 04:41 pm »
No, this one is clearly lost, they opened up a trace and checked everywhere they could.  I am in the claim process right now.

How you loose something that size, I don't know.  I guess someone just has a REALLY good center channel speaker now :).

-Paul