SongTowers A Year Later.....or HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

adydula

• Restricted
SongTowers A Year Later.....or HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
« on: 7 Jan 2010, 02:40 am »
Well its coming up on the 1 year old birthday for my SongTowers, Dome Version, Satin Black.

What a year it has been.

I knew when I accidently discovered Salk Speakers, by a decision to get back into 2 ch stereo listening in an affordable way that I had to get a set of these speakers.

I innocently started a internet search looking for the 'best speakers for $2K' as a starting point and I found the Nuance post in his quest for the perfect speaker etc.

One call to Jim and I knew that this guy is an artist and craftsman in his own right, cared about his products and his customers in a way many companies should take notice.

My setup has stayed pretty much the same for the year, the Onkyo SR805 receiver (130 watts or so) and a OPPO BD83SE ( Just got it modded via Oppo to update the analog sections for 2 ch and Multi Channel analog).

I listen to most of my cd's in 2 ch analog vs HDMI but have made many comparisions betweem the 2 and with the 2 ch outs in the Mult Channel section as well.

I have demo'd my Salks to 3 potential customers in the past months.

I cant tell you enough how much joy I have had in listening to music again with these most wonderful instruments. Just when I think that I want to upgrade to the HT2's I listen to one of the many 'demo' cds I have and smile and say 'Why'? Its that good to me.

Light, Airy, Transparent, Accurate...impeccable tonal quality...Light Sabre Accuracy.... "I can hear the words accuracy". Dang fine sound...

Would I buy them again knowing what I know now. :D
The answer is "YES".

To all the new Salk Owners of SongTowers, welcome and your in for many years of fine listening and enjoyment.

Thanks to Jim, Dennis and all those elves working hard to make great speakers.

As you grow, never forget quality and the high standards you have set!1

All the best, Happy New Year, and Happy Birthday to my SongTowers!!

Yahoo!!

Alex

:D

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Re: SongTowers A Year Later.....or HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jan 2010, 03:12 am »
Nice write up, Alex. Happy New Year to you, too! :beer:

Gee, given your Demo CD thread, how many demo discs do you have?  :o :)

Have fun,
Jerry

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #2 on: 7 Jan 2010, 04:20 am »
Thanks for posting that.  It certainly got my new year off to a good start.  Cheers, Dennis

Mudslide

« Reply #3 on: 7 Jan 2010, 04:21 am »
Thanks for the update, Alex.  Great post.  Hopefully, one day I'll be able to join you, Brandon, and the host of others enjoying the audio joy brought by the Salk family and their sidekicks.  Every Salk model I've heard has been amazing.

If only I could get the most amazing of them all...and the HT4 lust out of my heart/mind/ears...... :drool: :drool: :drool:.....or get a bigger wallet.

Nuance

« Reply #4 on: 7 Jan 2010, 05:29 am »
Alex,

That was awesome, brother.  Happy New Year to you, and Happy Birthday to your speakers.  :)

RJ,

Its comments like yours that make me not want to listen to the HT4's; I know it will just spoil everything else out there for me.  hehe. 

Its funny to say something like this, but Jim and his speakers have made a real impression on my life.  Every time I listen to them I am thankful that I have the pleasure of knowing Jim and Dennis.  I guess for some of us music is healing, and it soothes the soul.  No matter how bad my mood is I can fire up my ST's and let the negatives float away.  There isn't another feeling exactly like it.  I am a blessed man!

R Swerdlow

« Reply #5 on: 7 Jan 2010, 04:16 pm »
Alex

Happy New Year to you and Nuance, Mudslide and everyone else.

And, I couldn't agree with you more:

"Would I buy them again knowing what I know now. :D
The answer is YES."

It's always great fun to have someone over to listen to these speakers.  Earlier this fall a guy came to my house - with his wife.  We spent a good two hours listening to a wide variety of music, and they both loved them.  It was obvious he had spent a lot of time listening and learning about speakers, he seemed to know his stuff.

I could tell they really liked the STs - as they closely examined the finish, they were careful to wipe off their fingerprints!   Not long after, he told me he ordered a pair of STs and a SongCenter.  I love days like that :green:.

pardales

« Reply #6 on: 7 Jan 2010, 04:27 pm »
I think the test of TIME is the true test of how good a component is in your system. If it stays one year you did good, and gave it a deliberate, thoughtful audition.

Congrats on your choice!

Mudslide

« Reply #7 on: 7 Jan 2010, 05:58 pm »
Alex

Happy New Year to you and Nuance, Mudslide and everyone else.

And, I couldn't agree with you more:

"Would I buy them again knowing what I know now. :D
The answer is YES."

It's always great fun to have someone over to listen to these speakers.  Earlier this fall a guy came to my house - with his wife.  We spent a good two hours listening to a wide variety of music, and they both loved them.  It was obvious he had spent a lot of time listening and learning about speakers, he seemed to know his stuff.

I could tell they really liked the STs - as they closely examined the finish, they were careful to wipe off their fingerprints!   Not long after, he told me he ordered a pair of STs and a SongCenter.  I love days like that :green:.

A super 2010 back atcha, Rich.  What a great story!

fsimms

« Reply #8 on: 7 Jan 2010, 08:10 pm »
Every time I listen to them I am thankful that I have the pleasure of knowing Jim and Dennis.  I guess for some of us music is healing, and it soothes the soul.  No matter how bad my mood is I can fire up my ST's and let the negatives float away.  There isn't another feeling exactly like it.  I am a blessed man!

Well said Nuance!  That is exactly how I feel.  Just last weekend, I played a record and my eyes wattered with gratitude for my HT1's.   I still plan to fly to Michigan as soon as Jim has his HT4's available though!  :lol:

Bob

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #9 on: 8 Jan 2010, 03:44 am »
JerryM,

We are up to about 400 or so now.  :icon_lol:
I have finally digitized the entire set of discs over several weeks to FLAC format.
I have one of those new fangled Squeezebox Touch's on pre-order and hope to be able to access all the tunes more effieciently...but I will be comparing the new OPPO BD 83 SE 2 ch analog to the dacs in the Touch. The BD 83 SE analog is very, very nice.

We need to get Jim to pick a date in the middle of the summer, vacation time and invite all his customers to come to Michigan for a group Salk Speaker Birthday Party!! hahahahahah!!

Later! Happy New Year again!

Alex