Sad example of elitism ...

Delacroix

Re: Sad example of elitism ...
« Reply #20 on: 18 Oct 2013, 02:01 am »
Guys, thanks for the support, it seems I've got a ton of hits on my blog cos of this. Oddly, I did meet Myles Astor and spoke with him at RMAF as we were both checking out the KIAudio record cleaning machine -- I asked what he thought and he told me to 'read the review' if I wanted to know his thoughts. I guess he didn't register this meeting because on the WB forum cited he seems to wonder who I am....I wonder myself sometimes. Paid? You are having a laugh, I have a real job.  Full of shit? I suppose we all must be at some point, the trick is to minimize those occasions and keep an open mind. The real question this type of criticism raises seems to be who gets to have a 'valid' opinion on the quality of sound? It would seem that some of us are allowed and some of us need to be told. Curiously, those who are told are the very ones expected to spend the money.  Yeah, right.

Keep on rockin' in the AC world.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #21 on: 18 Oct 2013, 02:02 am »
Had no idea 'you' were Patrick Dillon.  Nice to put a cyber-face with the real face  :D

Delacroix

« Reply #22 on: 18 Oct 2013, 02:06 am »
Yeah, I've no idea myself who I am.....:)   Thanks for the note, I love that you were situated between Wilson and Scaena, perhaps the most expensive nearby pairings, both of whom sounded great, and your designs fit right in.... How about that!!!!!

dflee

« Reply #23 on: 18 Oct 2013, 02:07 am »
Tyson: Based on your posts and coverage I will honestly say that your shit doesn't stink. ( Pezs I'm not too sure about though)

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #24 on: 18 Oct 2013, 02:10 am »
Yeah, I've no idea myself who I am.....:)   Thanks for the note, I love that you were situated between Wilson and Scaena, perhaps the most expensive nearby pairings, both of whom sounded great, and your designs fit right in.... How about that!!!!!

I wasn't scared, and would take the Pepsi challenge with either any day of the week ...

Looking forward to working with you more.

geowak

« Reply #25 on: 18 Oct 2013, 04:25 pm »
For me the most dangerous thing in buying a high end audio component is HYPE. Speaker company Z or Amp company Y may sound very good, but does it contain quality parts? How long will it last? Will it give you satisfactory customer service?  Will it be around in 10 years or more. A good reputation is made with more than the initial dating period. I think ARC and McIntosh are good examples of what I am talking about....

Just my two cents.....