BDP-1/2 Recommended Interfaces

skunark

Re: BDP-1 Recommended Interfaces
« Reply #120 on: 10 Jul 2011, 07:14 am »
Thanks for the tip. The only reason I shy away from Apple products is because they become obsolete about every year.

John

I keep my laptop and desktops for several years then give it away to family or friends and they use it for several more.    Both the iPad and iPad 2 are fully supported and the iPhone, iPod Touch and most likely the iPad will continue with a three generation iOS updates, but older versions will still be supported for years to come just no new features.    Every major electronics company releases new products on a very fast cadence, but that does mean the old is useless.   If you are one to always upgrade, then that's your fault. 

SHV

« Reply #121 on: 10 Jul 2011, 01:59 pm »
"Thanks for the tip. The only reason I shy away from Apple products is because they become obsolete about every year. "
???????
My Mac Pro is five years old and I feel no need to replace it.  I have upgraded to 24 gigs of RAM and added faster HDs over the years but functionally it isn't obsolete.  Same with my Mac Book.

Steve

jjc1

« Reply #122 on: 11 Jul 2011, 02:07 pm »
"Thanks for the tip. The only reason I shy away from Apple products is because they become obsolete about every year. "
???????
My Mac Pro is five years old and I feel no need to replace it.  I have upgraded to 24 gigs of RAM and added faster HDs over the years but functionally it isn't obsolete.  Same with my Mac Book.

Steve
  I'm referring to IPods, IPads, etc.

terrycym

« Reply #123 on: 11 Jul 2011, 02:10 pm »
I have one of the original iPADS and I don't believe it's obsolete unless I'm missing something?
I can still do all the things I bought it for.

BrysTony

« Reply #124 on: 11 Jul 2011, 02:30 pm »
When Apple makes changes and releases the "latest" product version it is the same as a Toyota releasing the new 2012 Camry.  It in no way makes the 2011 model obsolete.  It is more about marketing than function.

Tony

jjc1

« Reply #125 on: 11 Jul 2011, 04:09 pm »
When Apple makes changes and releases the "latest" product version it is the same as a Toyota releasing the new 2012 Camry.  It in no way makes the 2011 model obsolete.  It is more about marketing than function.

Tony
O.K.  I defer to all you apple lovers. (All I know is that my daughter spends a fortune on every new I Phone that comes out, and she's not a teeny bopper)

BrysTony

« Reply #126 on: 11 Jul 2011, 04:13 pm »
O.K.  I defer to all you apple lovers. (All I know is that my daughter spends a fortune on every new I Phone that comes out, and she's not a teeny bopper)

:lol:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #127 on: 14 Jul 2011, 04:57 pm »
New Android based interface that works well with BDP-1 Digital Player:

ARCHOS 70i using MPDROID

http://www.archos.com/products/ta/archos_70it/index.html?country=us&lang=en

james

Vipers

« Reply #128 on: 17 Jul 2011, 12:16 pm »
OK, I give up, I've been trying to log my Galaxy S2 into the BDP-1 using MpDroid but I keep getting a 'connection failed mesage', I guess I'm doing something wrong, any ideas?

All suggestions welcome  :?

Thanks,

Alpha10

« Reply #129 on: 17 Jul 2011, 01:55 pm »
OK, I give up, I've been trying to log my Galaxy S2 into the BDP-1 using MpDroid but I keep getting a 'connection failed mesage', I guess I'm doing something wrong, any ideas?

Thanks,

Hiya, have you tried putting in the IP address rather than bryston-bdp-1.local?

Cheers

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #130 on: 17 Jul 2011, 03:28 pm »

Thanks,

Correct as above - Android needs the IP address of the BDP-1.

james

Vipers

« Reply #131 on: 17 Jul 2011, 05:19 pm »
Thanks James, Alpha, I'll give it a try later this evening.

I take it the same applies for accessing Mini? as being an Android device, when I put the normal Bryston-BDP-1.local line in it does a google search which isn't a lot of help.

Yes the same for Mini. Also try PMIX as a MPD player app :thumb:

James
« Last Edit: 17 Jul 2011, 05:32 pm by James Tanner »

Vipers

« Reply #132 on: 17 Jul 2011, 08:54 pm »
That done the trick, thanks  :thumb:

Unless I'm doing something wrong, again :oops:, with MpDroid I could only seem to select one song at a time and not add whole albums in one go.

Good to have a play though, one thing I noticed was though how much quicker Mini is with the Galaxy S2 compared to my 2nd gen iPhone + the awesome screen on the S2 makes Mini look like it's had a makeover :)

Ok, time to try PMIX, thanks James.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #133 on: 17 Jul 2011, 09:19 pm »
That done the trick, thanks  :thumb:

Unless I'm doing something wrong, again :oops:, with MpDroid I could only seem to select one song at a time and not add whole albums in one go.

Good to have a play though, one thing I noticed was though how much quicker Mini is with the Galaxy S2 compared to my 2nd gen iPhone + the awesome screen on the S2 makes Mini look like it's had a makeover :)

Ok, time to try PMIX, thanks James.

On MPDROID touch and hold the album and it will pop up a window giving you options to play the whole album.

james

Vipers

« Reply #134 on: 18 Jul 2011, 11:54 am »
Thanks again James, it's good fun playing with all these different interfaces but Mpad really does take some beating doesn't it?

Well, aswell as Max and Mini of course :)

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #135 on: 18 Jul 2011, 12:00 pm »
Thanks again James, it's good fun playing with all these different interfaces but Mpad really does take some beating doesn't it?

Well, aswell as Max and Mini of course :)

Yes mPad is a hard act tp follow - I think more programs will become available as Android operating systems become more popular.

James

Vipers

« Reply #136 on: 18 Jul 2011, 09:35 pm »
Yes mPad is a hard act tp follow - I think more programs will become available as Android operating systems become more popular.

James

I think you're right James and that may be happening quicker than any of us thought possible against the might of Apple, this is a snippet from a report on What Hi Fi's website today -

'Google Android has seen its share of the UK smartphone market explode from 10.7% in June 2011 to 45.2% in June 2011, pushing Apple's iPhone down from 30.6% to 18.3% during the same period.'

The times they are a changin' :)

terrycym

« Reply #137 on: 20 Jul 2011, 01:22 pm »
I think you're right James and that may be happening quicker than any of us thought possible against the might of Apple, this is a snippet from a report on What Hi Fi's website today -

'Google Android has seen its share of the UK smartphone market explode from 10.7% in June 2011 to 45.2% in June 2011, pushing Apple's iPhone down from 30.6% to 18.3% during the same period.'

The times they are a changin' :)

Talking of Android...
http://www.whathifi.com/news/asda-prescribes-arnova-tablet-for-%C2%A399

jjc1

« Reply #138 on: 23 Jul 2011, 05:16 pm »
Yes I like it too and its great on a Notepad Computer :thumb:.  GNOME does not need a browser to connect so you get a direct connection to the BDP1 and GNOME is the oldest Linux based music player out there.

james
Hi out there. For the last week, I have been having a problem connecting to Gnome. I keep getting a notice "Error 13, problems connecting to bryston-'.bdp-1.local on port 6600". The connection icon just keeps flashing but never connects. 
Is anyone else having this problem?
James, do you have any insight to this problem. I am not having any problems with Max, Minion or Mpod.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #139 on: 23 Jul 2011, 06:56 pm »
Hi out there. For the last week, I have been having a problem connecting to Gnome. I keep getting a notice "Error 13, problems connecting to bryston-'.bdp-1.local on port 6600". The connection icon just keeps flashing but never connects. 
Is anyone else having this problem?
James, do you have any insight to this problem. I am not having any problems with Max, Minion or Mpod.

Hi - I have not had any problems - you can try the IP address of the BDP-1 and see if that works. Replace bryston-bdp-1.local with the IP address.

james