Wonder Woman 1984 - Embrace your inner child

WGH

Wonder Woman 1984 - Embrace your inner child
« on: 27 Dec 2020, 05:56 pm »

While watching Wonder Woman 1984 (2020) I was able to channel my inner child, which in this case turned out to be a 10 year old girl, which in itself is totally weird since I'm a grumpy 72 year old guy.

But if you are a 10 year old girl you will absolutely love this film. Wonder Woman is an excellent role model, a loving hero who always tells the truth, smart and and powerful. If you are older than 10 then Wonder Woman 1984 is an extremely well done and entertaining copy-and-paste superhero movie, a film the entire family can watch together.

Director Patty Jenkins ('Monster' starring Charlize Theron, 'Wonder Woman' 1) focuses on personal relationships and emotions but the movie still has enough action to keep the guys engaged. The cast is very good looking, not a craggy face to be seen, and includes Gal Gadot, Chris Pine, Kristen Wiig, Robin Wright and Pedro Pascal sans mustache and Mandalorian helmet.

So embrace your inner child, fly away with Wonder Woman for a couple of hours then go out and save the world.

Don't listen to those grumpy reviewers
Trailer: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/wonder_woman_1984

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

BobM

Re: Wonder Woman 1984 - Embrace your inner child
« Reply #1 on: 27 Dec 2020, 06:44 pm »
So far I've heard nothing but bad reviews of this movie.

GeneS

« Reply #2 on: 27 Dec 2020, 09:23 pm »
My daughter, who lives in Singapore, said it was a great movie. She was a 10 year old girl 20 years ago. She can be highly critical of movies, so her endorsement is good enough for me. I’m looking forward to it.

EdRo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 27 Dec 2020, 10:50 pm »
um...it has bad reviews? I know how to use the mute button. Gal Gadot is the main charactor? Ok. I will watch this. For sure. Possibly muted, but I will watch it. Maybe twice even!!!
 :popcorn:

stlrman

« Reply #4 on: 28 Dec 2020, 08:37 pm »
Playing on HBO Max .

WGH

« Reply #5 on: 28 Dec 2020, 09:12 pm »
Playing on HBO Max .

Only through Jan. 24th, then only in theaters.

veloceleste

« Reply #6 on: 28 Dec 2020, 11:40 pm »
« Last Edit: 21 Aug 2023, 06:04 pm by veloceleste »

Audiosaurusrex

« Reply #7 on: 29 Dec 2020, 12:03 am »
DC just can’t cut it. I’ll take a Marvel movie any day!  :|
Really the only reason to watch is Gal and Kristen

Kray

« Reply #8 on: 1 Jan 2021, 01:41 am »
DC just can’t cut it. I’ll take a Marvel movie any day!  :|
Really the only reason to watch is Gal and Kristen

Spot on! Except for the dark Batman movies....

WW84 was too much like a cheesy comic book... entertaining, but that's about it, besides watching Gal Gadot.

srb

« Reply #9 on: 1 Jan 2021, 02:01 am »
I wish I hadn’t watched it!

I'm not grumpy, but it combined a disappointing, disjointed and convoluted plot with over-the-top non-believable acting.  Usually there is at least one character to care about in a movie, but I couldn't find one.

A bit of air freshener was needed in the room after this stinker!

wushuliu

« Reply #10 on: 1 Jan 2021, 02:08 am »
I'll take Wonder Woman over any of the Zak Snyder DC movies which are so sophomoric and ridiculous in their 'gritty' Michael Bay meets High School Ayn Rand/Nietzsche hot take, that I can't even sit through them.

WW84 is a throw back to exactly that, 1984. It's like a mash-up between Superman and A View To a Kill. I appreciated they kept the CGI to a minimum and focused more on making Diana's Wonder Woman appear just enough to thrill but not too much take it for granted.

People complain about the plot but if someone can sit through Marvel's laughable and literal use of Back To The Future as a plot device for Endgame, then I think they can make it through WW84.

SlushPuppy

« Reply #11 on: 1 Jan 2021, 02:19 am »
Total stink bomb. The first one was so good!

Everyone in the room hated it.....

Joemamma

« Reply #12 on: 1 Jan 2021, 04:22 am »
One of the worst movies I have ever seen.  Such a disappointment after the 1st one.  It’s up there with Batman and Robin, suicide squad, cat woman...

revrob

« Reply #13 on: 1 Jan 2021, 04:49 am »
One of the worst movies that I have seen in a long time. I am not a hater as I loved the first movie. The movie made no sense, poor writing, bad plot and acting. I was generally surprised as well as my wife. This move is definitely for the 10 year old girl. After watching this I went back and watched the first one again and it is so much better.

I cannot in good conscious recommend this movie to anyone other than my 11 year granddaughter. I rarely ever comment on movies unless they are really good or really bad, this one falls into the latter category.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #14 on: 1 Jan 2021, 07:06 am »
Wonder Woman 1 was set in that WWII nostalgia category that everyone seems to love.  WW84 was set in 1980's nostalgia which everyone doesn't seem to love.  Tonally the 2nd movie is a lot lighter and sillier, as befits an 80s throwback.  Personally I really like both of them. 

Bendingwave

• Restricted
« Reply #15 on: 2 Jan 2021, 02:19 pm »
Although Wonder women was better WW84 wasnt as bad as I thought it would be.