Still Blown Away!!...

stlrman

Still Blown Away!!...
« on: 11 Jun 2010, 05:19 pm »
Just came this article from Positive Feedback Online
Seems Jim Mirod still fancies his SP Tech 2.1 all these years later.
You can read his comments in his review of Paramount Technology's Zeeba speaker stands.
Here is most of his mention :"Bob Smith, their creator and brilliant craftsman out in the rural wilds of Indiana, may be one of the most unfortunately "stealth" sonic engineers on terra firma. His already take-no-prisoners creations sing more freely, with even greater buoyancy and transparency. I cannot write a more laudatory sentence for each. The SP Tech units are extraordinary by any measure or degree of joy and musical involvement."   
Go Bob  :thumb: and Go Aether Audio !!  :thumb:  Still enjoying every moment with my Minis !!
Peace,
Todd

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Re: Still Blown Away!!...
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jun 2010, 06:18 pm »
I emailed Bob a copy when I saw this, and ping'd Jim Merod, too.  We all had dinner at CES and it was a good excuse to ping Jim.  Nice comments..... :thumb:

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
Re: Still Blown Away!!...
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jun 2010, 01:23 am »
Todd,

Thanks for posting that!  :thumb:  Ted turned me on to it but I didn't have time to post it.  Besides... its better if somebody else does anyway.  :wink:

The funny thing is, those suckers are O-L-D!  We've made so many improvements since then I've about lost track.  Jim Merod has since contacted me about them and was inquiring into the 3.0 upgrade.  Ha! - I had to tell him that it's "3.1" now.  He was almost beside himself when he heard that and I gave him the details.  Now there's one more thing on the "to do" list.  :eyebrows:

Take care,
-Bob

PS.  Jim read my white-paper on the cable distortion model and about flipped out with approval too.  Then he was all over me about the Black Boxes/Magic Cubes also.  Of course, he does get a bit "excitable" about such things. But still... it was nice.  :green: