Another new happy camper!

cementhead

Another new happy camper!
« on: 22 Oct 2020, 09:58 pm »
My wife and I went on a little road trip last weekend and listened to a pair of DA 1.1 V2 for sale. I have heard a lot about Daedalus speakers and these were close enough to check out. My biggest fear was driving 3 hours and not liking the sound. Well, that was not a problem. I talked to Lou first about my particular room, choice of music and he was more than helpful. A great business man who took the time to talk to someone about a used set. He also encouraged me to " get in the car and go get them" when he heard the price.  :lol: I am extremely happy with these.  by far the best speakers I have owned. I am still dialing them in and will post pics soon. Listening impressions soon, also, as I am still dialing them in. As for now, just crazy good! Thank you Lou for taking the time to chat with me. Time to exercise these bad boys! :weights: :rock:

dodgealum

Re: Another new happy camper!
« Reply #1 on: 22 Oct 2020, 10:01 pm »
Welcome! I look forward to hearing about your journey and am so happy they landed in a good home!

Bones13

« Reply #2 on: 22 Oct 2020, 11:23 pm »
Congratulations! A little faith did you well. Enjoy.

rbbert

« Reply #3 on: 23 Oct 2020, 02:29 am »
Looks like you got a good deal and now some great listening in your future.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #4 on: 23 Oct 2020, 03:32 am »
Good for you! I see you're powering them with Modwright gear....very good combination.

Enjoy.

Michael

vinyl_lady

« Reply #5 on: 23 Oct 2020, 02:41 pm »
I enjoyed many years and hours listening to my DA-1.1v2 with all the upgrades like Mark's. They are great speakers and I'm sure you will enjoy them. The only reason I don't still have them is that I upgraded to the Apollo 11s, which tool Lou's speakers to a whole new level.

Congratulations!

Laura

Sébastien

« Reply #6 on: 23 Oct 2020, 06:58 pm »
Hello and welcome to the world of Daedalus Audio. Take the time to enjoy your new speakers, the more you'll listen to them the more you'll love them. Very happy for you, take pleasure.

cementhead

« Reply #7 on: 23 Oct 2020, 10:03 pm »
Thank you, all! These are fantastic and can only imagine what the upper models sound like. Perhaps the next Capital Audio Fest, a road trip would be in order. I know Drew would be up for that!

rbbert

« Reply #8 on: 24 Oct 2020, 12:09 am »
...The only reason I don't still have them is that I upgraded to the Apollo 11s, which took Lou's speakers to a whole new level.

Congratulations!

Laura

They do, don’t they!  8)

cementhead

« Reply #9 on: 1 Nov 2020, 08:19 pm »
And here are a couple of pics of my new baby's. They finish just happens to  match the entertainment center pretty well.  :beer:

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #10 on: 2 Nov 2020, 01:45 am »
Thank you, all! These are fantastic and can only imagine what the upper models sound like. Perhaps the next Capital Audio Fest, a road trip would be in order. I know Drew would be up for that!

I've heard the Pan, Argos, Ulysses, Poseidon, and Apollo speakers. They all share that special family sound. Sure, there are differences and the bass and the midrange improve as one moves up the line (I believe), but they all share Lou's magic. Even though I have not heard yours, I don't doubt they sound fantastic.

Explore and enjoy your music all over again. Lou's speakers are very special.

Sébastien

« Reply #11 on: 2 Nov 2020, 07:44 am »
Hi !
Emotion, they are beautiful and very well integrated into your interior. Enjoy.