stratos plus and polk audio LSi-15

ohlins

« on: 6 Nov 2005, 11:05 am »
greetings! anyone out there has heard or used the pairing of a stratos and the polk LSi-15? before i approach the local dealer for a home trial, would like to know if there are already ppl who love their LSi driven by odyssey amps.

preamp is adcom gfp750 in active mode.

bunky

Re: stratos plus and polk audio LSi-15
« Reply #1 on: 6 Nov 2005, 12:39 pm »
Quote from: ohlins
greetings! anyone out there has heard or used the pairing of a stratos and the polk LSi-15? before i approach the local dealer for a home trial, would like to know if there are already ppl who love their LSi driven by odyssey amps.

preamp is adcom gfp750 in active mode.
2 years ago i owned a pair of Polk Lsi 15s and i was using a Rotel RB 1080 power amplifier and the highs and mids sounded Quite good but the bass was flabby and lackluster. if i would had known then what i know now and had used Odyssey amplification i may still have owned the Lsi 15s to this day. these speakers require exceptional amplification to really shine and i think the Stratos plus is a fine choice for the job. i  also belong to the club polk forum and there are friends of mine on that forum and here at the audiocircles that love the sound of thier Polks paired with odyssey amplifiers. if your budget would allow it i would also suggest a pair of Khartago monoblocks. i am a bit biased in this suggestion having owned a pair of those poweramps as well. thanks....WCW III

ohlins

« Reply #2 on: 6 Nov 2005, 03:14 pm »
hee thanks thats great news! i would certainly explore the options u have listed.

my other choices are CIA D100 and Nuforce Ref 8, which cost around the same here.