ST-10M

Mike6743

Re: ST-10M
« Reply #20 on: 1 Jul 2019, 06:19 pm »
So just to clarify, is the Evolution One wired normally and ST10 and ST10M wired polarity reversed?

RafaPolit

• www.rafaelpolit.com
« Reply #21 on: 2 Jul 2019, 05:58 pm »
It's not really "wired" reversed.  Black posts are still ground.  The thing is that the amps are polarity reversing, and, therefore, to preserve absolute phase, you connect the black binding posts to the red speaker posts.

But yes, ST and STM topology is phase inverting, Evo One is (reportedly) not.

Stiflr75

« Reply #22 on: 20 Sep 2019, 05:29 pm »
It's not really "wired" reversed.  Black posts are still ground.  The thing is that the amps are polarity reversing, and, therefore, to preserve absolute phase, you connect the black binding posts to the red speaker posts.

But yes, ST and STM topology is phase inverting, Evo One is (reportedly) not.

Hi!
I am a very happy new owner of the ST-10M's and Evolution DAC, only had them for a couple of days. Had ST-10 + Dac-10 before and it's a really big step up :)

Have a couple of questions about the phase inverting that I just read about in this thread. There is an option in the Evo DAC to go normal or inverted phase, is that the same thing that of switching binding posts on the speaker? I tried back and forth with the setting in the Dac but cannot not hear any significant difference... Maybe a bit more tight soundstage? Is there any perticular things I should listen for when switching between the two modes?

JackD

« Reply #23 on: 21 Sep 2019, 01:37 am »
Different thing just switch the connections at the speaker.  In fact try it both ways you may prefer one over the other or not hear a difference.

Samoyed

« Reply #24 on: 21 Sep 2019, 08:48 pm »
Hi!
I am a very happy new owner of the ST-10M's and Evolution DAC, only had them for a couple of days. Had ST-10 + Dac-10 before and it's a really big step up :)

Have a couple of questions about the phase inverting that I just read about in this thread. There is an option in the Evo DAC to go normal or inverted phase, is that the same thing that of switching binding posts on the speaker? I tried back and forth with the setting in the Dac but cannot not hear any significant difference... Maybe a bit more tight soundstage? Is there any perticular things I should listen for when switching between the two modes?

I have the Evolution DAC paired with a Nord MK II, revision D. I’d like to know what you think of the Dac’s sound.

Stiflr75

« Reply #25 on: 23 Sep 2019, 08:36 am »
I have the Evolution DAC paired with a Nord MK II, revision D. I’d like to know what you think of the Dac’s sound.

Love it! :)

Funny thing, I also was looking to buy the Nord or Apollon amp but ended up with the ST-10's. So I wonder what you think of the Nord?

Samoyed

« Reply #26 on: 23 Sep 2019, 04:36 pm »
I really enjoy my Nord, and Colin has become a friend. He is always interested in his customers’ opinions, and always a great guy.

Warmbanana

« Reply #27 on: 20 Feb 2020, 09:36 am »
Hi ALL

new to this forum. I'm considering between PS audio M700 and ST-10M. Havent had a chance to audition both. I'm in Melbourne Australia and i cant find a local store that sells NuPrime product. Theydo have it in Sydney. Anyone has compare the 2? Thanks

Raphael

rustydoglim

« Reply #28 on: 23 Feb 2020, 11:19 pm »
NuPrime designed all the amps from the ground up.  And ST-10M has so won many top awards and universal praise from customers. Whereas others (including M700) use amp modules from Hypex or IcePower.  Do you like buffet or fine dining?  :thumb:
If you are going to spend a few thousand $, do yourself a favor and read up on the Guides on Nuprime website, and then on the sound quality of IcePower module.
Do you buy from a company like NuPrime that spent years developing amp technologies, or one that use off-the-shelf modules (amp and power supply) with nice case ?

RaphaelM

• Crazy about HiFi since I'm 10!
« Reply #29 on: 24 Feb 2020, 08:21 pm »
Saying that what's developed in-house is typically better than what can be bought off the shelf... is a bit of a shortcut I find.
There're great D amps nowadays leveraging ICE, Hypex or Pascal (good brands such as B&W, Rotel, NAD, Primare, Aura are sometimes using those readily available modules).

I find it always comes down to the quality of the engineers doing the implementation (it's like different brands using similar tubes in an amp... yet some sound better than others based on implementation scheme). 

In fact, it's great news for audiophiles as that kind of competition will ensure everyone ups their game. And Nuprime, Devialet, and whoever else developing their own amp tech will have serious competition to deal with if Hypex and ICE continue to invest in R&D...

rustydoglim

« Reply #30 on: 25 Feb 2020, 12:38 am »
I think you have put my entire message out of context.  That's all I want to say, long time NuPrime customers know what I am talking about. Anyway, this is a Nuprime circle and ST-10M topic, so lets just leave it at that.