RSL Speedwoofer 10S Subwoofer with Spatials

vmlistening

RSL Speedwoofer 10S Subwoofer with Spatials
« on: 11 Sep 2023, 08:25 pm »
Hi folks,
Anyone have any experience with RSL Speedwoofer 10S Subwoofer with Spatials speakers?

Does anyone know how these compare with HSU, Rythmik, SVS, REL?

Thanks

RonN5

Re: RSL Speedwoofer 10S Subwoofer with Spatials
« Reply #1 on: 11 Sep 2023, 11:47 pm »
I had a chance to hear the Speedwoofer and an SVS 2000 Pro in the same system. The SVS went deeper, had more punch and better tone and has a built in 3 band parametric equalizer which can be adjusted via your phone while on your listening position.  ….  The Speedwoofer was returned.

vmlistening

« Reply #2 on: 12 Sep 2023, 01:10 am »
Was this audio or HT? Were speakers OB like Spatial?
Thanks.

RonN5

« Reply #3 on: 12 Sep 2023, 12:43 pm »
I heard both subs with and without speakers playing, not in my system though. 

I heard the sub only playing music with the speakers turned off, not playing HT... no comparison, the SVS plays like an actual subwoofer and goes very deep, the speedwoofer not so much.

As for playing with speakers, I did not hear them with OB speakers but with Salk HT1-TL and with Emotiva T0+...and again no comparison.  The speedwoofer didn't blend nearly as easily, probably because of no parametric option and definitely didn't have the authority.

Yes, the SVS cost quite a bit more, but it sounds quite a bit better and I think the parametric is worth it in order to give you the maximum placement flexibility with the ability to still get good sound.

I had the Spatial M3 Sapphires...and yes, they are easier to place in a room with respect to bass than a box speaker, but if you crave the slam of a box speaker, then you will need a sub that goes low to help out on the bottom end.  In my case, I used a Power Sound Audio S1500, 15" sealed....and felt very fortunate that I was able to get it to blend well without the parametric help.

vmlistening

« Reply #4 on: 12 Sep 2023, 08:14 pm »
Thanks for putting that in context.

Besides the Power Sound Audio S1500 do you know of other or have listened to other subwoofers that work well with Spatials? I heard back from Clayton that Rythmik F12 blended the best when they tested. However, I'd like to hear from users' experiences before I decide. 

Thanks.

RonN5

« Reply #5 on: 12 Sep 2023, 10:12 pm »
I’ve also heard them with the audiokinesis swarm system.. 2 thumbs up!

Downtheline

« Reply #6 on: 12 Sep 2023, 11:00 pm »
I'm happy with the rythmik f15 amd my x5s.