anyone heard this speaker
« on: 30 Aug 2023, 09:23 pm »
https://www.iosoundesign.com/

I suppose only dealers know the pricing but understand the RS is $120K

only deep pockets need apply

toocool4

Re: anyone heard this speaker
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2023, 10:16 pm »
Yes it was at Munich High End show, I can’t really say much about it as I did not know any of the kit playing up stream of it so it’s impossible to say what was doing what.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #2 on: 30 Aug 2023, 10:30 pm »
It reminds me of a saying they have in the fashion industry - the skimpier the dress, the higher the price :P

Bingenito

« Reply #3 on: 31 Aug 2023, 10:59 am »
Shouldn’t this be posted in the open baffle circle? Sort of like brown bagging it to a restaurant discussing another brand in the Spatial Circle.

Those are Acoustic Elegance drivers (formerly Lamba) around $400 a pop so $120k is a tad bit step unless you got more $ than brains. Not bad drivers and yes I have used them.

Mr. Big

« Reply #4 on: 31 Aug 2023, 03:17 pm »
Shouldn’t this be posted in the open baffle circle? Sort of like brown bagging it to a restaurant discussing another brand in the Spatial Circle.

Those are Acoustic Elegance drivers (formerly Lamba) around $400 a pop so $120k is a tad bit step unless you got more $ than brains. Not bad drivers and yes I have used them.

R&D cost, limited sales for sure, but like ultra-expensive gear, sometimes you pay as much for design and overkill and over-the-top built quality as much as sound to justify the asking price. Looking at a lot of reviewed gear nowadays days they need to call it the lawyers, doctors, and millionaires audio magazines. Because they no longer have interest in me for gear, I never would be willing the pay the prices for I make very good money and I still could not justify it. 15K gear called bargains, speakers 2-way at 20K, and on and on. But that is the market, so the aim is towards those with the ability to pay, that is where the sales are and magazines just reflect that. This is no longer the 70's & 80's where the middle class could swing high-end gear. What I made back then is what many middle classes make today.

lazbisme

« Reply #5 on: 31 Aug 2023, 05:45 pm »
I posted this as a way of showing/stating that for a small fraction of the cost of some speakers an arguably equivalent sound can be had with the Spatial offerings!

Mr. Big

« Reply #6 on: 31 Aug 2023, 11:12 pm »
I posted this as a way of showing/stating that for a small fraction of the cost of some speakers an arguably equivalent sound can be had with the Spatial offerings!

This is so true, they might not look overbuilt, but that got zip to do with the final sound we hear. On top of that your room dictates the final sound as much as your speakers, they are married together. The longer I am in this hobby the more I understand.