See you at the Pacific Audio Fest!

Spatial Audio

See you at the Pacific Audio Fest!
« on: 14 May 2023, 04:22 am »
Mark your calendars,

We’re excited to announce we will be attending the Pacific Audio Fest June 23 through the 25th in rooms 1376 and 2210. https://www.pacificaudiofest.com/

In room two 2210, we will be pairing with LTA to bring a new range of speakers that we’re very excited about. Introducing the Q6, It uses a full dipole approach with a terrific wide band driver. Along with 2 10 inch woofers to create an incredibly quick and open sound. We’ve had a lot of interest about a more affordable line, the Q6 delivers that along with a sound that is impressive for the price.
Room 1376 will be very special. We have been working with Don Sachs and Lynn Olson to produce our new flagship amplifier and preamp. through their design collaboration we are able to bring to market a very special set of components. For additional information, please check out the link as Don and Lynn talk about their design in this forum. https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/300b-lovers?lastpage=true  We have found these components to be a Revelation and invite you to come listen.
The room will also include the new X4 Ultra, we’ve worked diligently to produce the best sounding speakers we have made yet, and are excited to pair them with the amplifier and preamp. This system is a top reference level and we would love for you to experience this with us.

Get your ears warmed up  :popcorn:

DaveWin88

Re: See you at the Pacific Audio Fest!
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2023, 12:45 pm »
Spatial. Man I'm so excited on the Q6. Wide band drivers make me a little nervous mostly because I know nothing about how they sound?  Looking forward to this.

Cloud.sessions

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2023, 03:43 am »
@davewin88
We’ve been apprehensive of them in the past. But found one that we are really are impressed by. It’s a tall order replacing the sapphires but I believe we’ve done it. I’m excited for people to hear them. For their price range they do some incredible things.

AllanS

« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2023, 11:04 am »
Spatial. Man I'm so excited on the Q6. Wide band drivers make me a little nervous mostly because I know nothing about how they sound?  Looking forward to this.
If they sound anything like the Sapphire (Peerless M100?) there’ll be little to worry about.

DaveWin88

« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2023, 12:41 pm »
Looking forward to them. The Sapphire being a hybrid I believe these will sound more natural, airy and open mid-top end. Should be pretty killer.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #5 on: 15 May 2023, 06:34 pm »
Can't you give us more teasers? Throw us a bone....you know....<possibly> a 12" or 15" coaxial driver paired with a 15" woofer; FR from <for example> 30 or 32 Hz to 19 or 21 kHz...<perhaps> 93dB or 96dB efficiency....4 or 8 Ohm impedence....or something like this?

Consider all the teasers Toyota/Lexus/BMW, etc. provide in YouTube videos....to build interest and excitement in their soon to be released vehicles. Wouldn't it be fun to do this with your new speakers?

Looking forward to experiencing your new speakers at PAF!  :popcorn:

Michael

richidoo

« Reply #6 on: 15 May 2023, 07:22 pm »
Consider all the teasers Toyota/Lexus/BMW, etc. provide in YouTube videos....to build interest and excitement in their soon to be released vehicles. Wouldn't it be fun to do this with your new speakers?

It's like the original Lexus marketing campaign of 1989 with 2 page magazine ads with trees and fallen leaves but no cars shown.  :thumb:
Generated a lot of anticipation!

kenreau

« Reply #7 on: 16 May 2023, 05:14 pm »
Exciting to see Lynn Olson in the mix.  I met him ~25 years ago when he was still writing articles for the early Positive Feedback magazine and was way into the DIY amps and speakers. He even graciously invited me over to a listening session at the time.  It really solidified my audiophile interests when I heard the magic of his tube creations. 

Kenreau

paolocaminiti

« Reply #8 on: 14 Jun 2023, 09:39 pm »
Think last video on GR channel may have spoilered the new driver... just speculating but if that is a: small full range with proper OB woofer augmentation will be an interesting entry in the market, with possibly less compromise than big full range on other OB brands... let's see this is getting interesting...

DaveWin88

« Reply #9 on: 14 Jun 2023, 11:57 pm »
Think last video on GR channel may have spoilered the new driver... just speculating but if that is a: small full range with proper OB woofer augmentation will be an interesting entry in the market, with possibly less compromise than big full range on other OB brands... let's see this is getting interesting...
I was actually thinking dipole driver but this could be the direction Spatial went. Some of the BIG heavy hitters in the industry use a rear firing tweeter in the back.

paolocaminiti

« Reply #10 on: 15 Jun 2023, 12:16 pm »
You can run the fullrange in open baffle, a small fullrange will radiate mids to the back and then rolloff where the very high frequencies get blocked by the motor structure, but this can be desirable in not treated rooms where having full dipole highs can be detrimental...

This would still have more frequency range in dipole than the Sapphires which can be a very interesting sound - possibly sacrificing some of the resolution of the smaller sapphire driver, but the story goes that the more mids-high range is covered by a single driver the more apparent resolution as the brain will filter out less incoherences between notes and their harmonics.

geerock

« Reply #11 on: 15 Jun 2023, 11:28 pm »
You can run the fullrange in open baffle, a small fullrange will radiate mids to the back and then rolloff where the very high frequencies get blocked by the motor structure, but this can be desirable in not treated rooms where having full dipole highs can be detrimental...

Pretty sure I read that somewhere before.  Where's that from?  Linkwitz perhaps?

DaveWin88

« Reply #12 on: 15 Jun 2023, 11:45 pm »
You can run the fullrange in open baffle, a small fullrange will radiate mids to the back and then rolloff where the very high frequencies get blocked by the motor structure, but this can be desirable in not treated rooms where having full dipole highs can be detrimental..
Great information. Thank you

paolocaminiti

« Reply #13 on: 16 Jun 2023, 01:06 pm »
Pretty sure I read that somewhere before.  Where's that from?  Linkwitz perhaps?

Linkwitz possibly has infos about this too, so much info on his website!

My recall is from my days on diyaudio fullrange section, when I tried to do my own speaker based on an Audionirvana 8" driver, and quickly realized OB was the way the driver could sing and even be spooky in soundstaging even though a 8" with a whizzer will stop being dipole around 1.5khz are I think.

But all in all my speaker was a complete failure, making a speaker is a long process that requires the right knowledge/tooling/time and a fullrange won't do it without proper woofers to help (some running LIL audio stuff may disagree). I currently own a pairt of M3 Turbo S, wanted to upgrade for a long time but unfortunately Spatial doesn't sell to UK...

lazbisme

« Reply #14 on: 23 Jun 2023, 06:41 pm »
any early reports anywhere on Pacific Audio Fest?

paolocaminiti

« Reply #15 on: 23 Jun 2023, 09:28 pm »
any early reports anywhere on Pacific Audio Fest?

First video is out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ynYyemBSFE

They look great! Can't wait for reviews of these.

And it's great to see Clayton is well and back showing his work!

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #16 on: 24 Jun 2023, 04:38 am »

I'll visit the room in the video tomorrow.

Once I arrived at the hotel (after a 5-hour drive) and had checked in, I made a beeline for the other Spatial Audio room with the Don Sachs 300b mono amps and matching preamp. Don was in the room talking about what was involved in developing the amps and preamp. I'm more than a little biased when it comes to Don's gear, but both the amps and the preamp are beautiful! So how did they sound you ask? Hmm. I'll try to reign in my enthusiasm......they sounded FANTASTIC!:o :notworthy: :drool:

I'm going to that room again tomorrow at 10 am sharp (okay, I may show up a little earlier with a sleeping bag and battery-powered campfire, so I can be first in line), so I can pester Don or whoever is there to play my favorite songs. I'll see if I can manage to come up with better audiophile-specific language to describe what I hear tomorrow, okay?

TomS

« Reply #17 on: 24 Jun 2023, 11:10 am »

Thanks for the link. It was great to see Clayton back doing his thing at the shows.

Early B.

« Reply #18 on: 24 Jun 2023, 12:07 pm »
I'm going to that room again tomorrow at 10 am sharp (okay, I may show up a little earlier with a sleeping bag and battery-powered campfire, so I can be first in line), so I can pester Don or whoever is there to play my favorite songs. I'll see if I can manage to come up with better audiophile-specific language to describe what I hear tomorrow, okay?

Can you take a few close-up shots of the amps and preamp and post them here? Did they share the pricing at the show? Also, are they the final production models?

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #19 on: 24 Jun 2023, 01:40 pm »
So happy to see Clayton back!

Looking forward to hearing more about the new speakers.

George