M5 Sapphire - All new M design introduction

Shakeydeal

Re: M5 Sapphire - All new M design introduction
« Reply #160 on: 30 Oct 2019, 02:58 pm »
I won't pretend to answer for snowpuppy, but here is my take.

To my ears, when speakers are new they just don't swing. The music is trying to get out of the speakers, but it sounds like two boxes (or not, LOL) with the sound trapped at or near the plane of the speakers. The bass can sound a little constricted too. But after break in, it sounds like performers in the room. Or about as close as you can get with a facsimile of the real thing. Of course bass always improves too.

Shakey

SnowPuppy77

« Reply #161 on: 30 Oct 2019, 03:16 pm »
What do you mean sounds " stiff"? I believe shakeydeal also mentioned this when he first got his x3.

Every new speaker or headphone I have every tried sounds stiff at first to me and becomes more natural, fuller and smoother with break-in.  Sometimes detail improves or at least the soundstage opens up.  And to me these changes are not subtle for speakers.  So think of it as a general term for a speaker that is not broken in. 

SnowPuppy77

« Reply #162 on: 30 Oct 2019, 03:22 pm »
I won't pretend to answer for snowpuppy, but here is my take.

To my ears, when speakers are new they just don't swing. The music is trying to get out of the speakers, but it sounds like two boxes (or not, LOL) with the sound trapped at or near the plane of the speakers. The bass can sound a little constricted too. But after break in, it sounds like performers in the room. Or about as close as you can get with a facsimile of the real thing. Of course bass always improves too.

Shakey

Well put

drhoon

« Reply #163 on: 30 Oct 2019, 03:53 pm »
Ok thanks for the insight

SnowPuppy77

« Reply #164 on: 1 Nov 2019, 04:17 pm »
Just wanted to give a quick update and let everyone know that I am have a great time with my new M3 Sapphires.  Have had busy week so not nearly as much audition time as I would like to have yet.  Should have some real quality time with them this weekend and I will post further impressions.  There are a few familiar tracks that have sounded stellar on the M3 Sapphires.  The Doors Riders on the Storm at a moderate volume.  Would normally play louder but it was getting late.  Honestly I was amazed at how alive the music sounded at that volume.  The presentation was enveloping.  Bass had a nice meaty thump and the detail in the highs was plentiful and effortlessly heard.  The spacey keyboards were psychedelically floating in space.  So cool.  The first two tracks on Bromberg Wood sounded the best I have ever heard in my listening room.  More to come.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #165 on: 1 Nov 2019, 04:38 pm »
SnowPupp77-

Forgive me if you’ve mentioned this before but what were your previous speakers?

SnowPuppy77

« Reply #166 on: 1 Nov 2019, 05:07 pm »
SnowPupp77-

Forgive me if you’ve mentioned this before but what were your previous speakers?

ADS L520, Paradigm Studio Referrence 100 v.2, Spatial M3 Triode Masters.  I have a pair of Usher Berrylium Dancers in a second system. 

jazzman463

« Reply #167 on: 1 Nov 2019, 06:14 pm »
yaaah. 6371's  in my second system.

timing3435

« Reply #168 on: 1 Nov 2019, 09:00 pm »
Hi, I just heard the M3 Sapphire's at the Capital Audiofest 2019 today.  Listened to a dozen-odd speakers today.  My M3 Sapphires are on order, not much else to say. Thanks to everyone on this forum for helping push me to poney up. JAJ

SnowPuppy77

« Reply #169 on: 1 Nov 2019, 11:45 pm »
Hi, I just heard the M3 Sapphire's at the Capital Audiofest 2019 today.  Listened to a dozen-odd speakers today.  My M3 Sapphires are on order, not much else to say. Thanks to everyone on this forum for helping push me to poney up. JAJ

Congratulations!  I just listened to a 35 min Porcupine Tree track on the Sky Moves Sideways album in total bliss the entire time on the M3 Sapphires.  I was mesmerized.  Heard countless nuance I had never heard before.  Have never come close to enjoying this track so much with no fatigue on the intentionally harsh sections even at moderately loud volume.  Hope you enjoy them!  What finish did you get?

timing3435

« Reply #170 on: 2 Nov 2019, 12:12 am »
."Congratulations!  I just listened to a 35 min Porcupine Tree track on the Sky Moves Sideways album in total bliss the entire time on the M3 Sapphires.  I was mesmerized.  Heard countless nuance I had never heard before.  Have never come close to enjoying this track so much with no fatigue on the intentionally harsh sections even at moderately loud volume.  Hope you enjoy them!  What finish did you get?"

I am very glad to get them. Sat next to guy in the room who bought them also, a former M3 owner. Wish I could remember his name.   Hopefully, these will be a huge success for the Spatial Audio team.  I go the darker tint of Sapele following you I think.

Shakeydeal

« Reply #171 on: 2 Nov 2019, 01:09 am »
Sounds like the M3 Sapphires are a big hit at the show. Looking forward to more reports.

Shakey

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #172 on: 2 Nov 2019, 02:08 am »
Yeah, would love to hear what people thought of the differences between the X3’s and M3’s

Paul Speltz

• Industry Participant
  • AntiCables
    • anticables.com
« Reply #173 on: 2 Nov 2019, 01:05 pm »
."Sat next to guy in the room who bought them also, a former M3 owner. Wish I could remember his name. 

That was me, Paul Speltz. I am currently running M3TM and I have a pair of M3 Sapphire on order. I am at Capital AudioFest so like you, I got to hear them for the first time here. I was there when Clayton asked you what you think, and I heard you say "I'm keeping them on order"; well me too. They are great!

I mentioned to Clayton yesterday that I am having a difficult time finding anything that they are weak at. They are beautiful sonically and visually. They are not just great for the price, they are just great period. They are highly resolving without being analytical, which is a difficult thing to do, and a complement to the entire system which also includes: LampizatOr, Linear Tube Audio, and AntiCables.

Capital AudioFest 2019 Room 526. Jacob of LTA, Fred of LampizatOr, Clayton of Spatial, and Paul of AntiCables.

If you are at the show, stop in and say hi.

Thanks!

Paul Speltz
(AntiCables)

timing3435

« Reply #174 on: 3 Nov 2019, 10:03 am »
That was me, Paul Speltz

Great to know who you are!  I was down for the day only. I agree with your assessment of the M3 Sapphires. It is hard not to have them now in my house now.
     I asked Clayton what were the speaker cables he had on them and I was on your website yesterday looking at the 3.1's.
    The system that is being shown ( Picture, no server) was $10,000 and it was absolutely great, and the speakers did not have allot of hours on them also. Can you imagine what that quality of sound would have cost 10 years ago? $10,000 is a allot of money but attainable. JAJ

SnowPuppy77

« Reply #175 on: 3 Nov 2019, 08:00 pm »
Thought you all would like to see the M3 Sapphire and M3 TM side by side:

« Last Edit: 3 Nov 2019, 09:18 pm by SnowPuppy77 »

PS

« Reply #176 on: 3 Nov 2019, 09:10 pm »
Thanks, SnowPuppy77 ! Both are handsome in their respective ways- great to see them side-by-side and in a room for scale.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #177 on: 3 Nov 2019, 09:17 pm »
Anybody know if the M5’s or X3/5’s we’re also at Cap Fest?

timing3435

« Reply #178 on: 3 Nov 2019, 09:27 pm »
The X3/X5's were not at the show

timing3435

« Reply #179 on: 3 Nov 2019, 09:40 pm »
Thanks, SnowPuppy77 ! Both are handsome in their respective ways- great to see them side-by-side and in a room for scale.

Beautiful... Keep the sound descriptions coming. I cannot wait to get mine going. Best, JAJ