Did it make sense?

Ideas for improvement?

Thanks,
P

mgalusha

Re: Feedback on the RMAF education room
« Reply #1 on: 26 Oct 2006, 12:49 am »
Pjay,

I found it very usefull. I attended one of Bob Cordell's amplifier measuring/design sessions and enjoyed it very much. I played pick the amp (and from what you said on Sunday I chose correctly) and the peak power demo was most enlightening. I'm still hoping Bob will make that circuit available on his web site. I did notice he had a placeholder for it. :)

I wish I'd made it for one of the speaker measuring seminars but alas it was not to be.

I really appreciate the effort you guys went to in putting this on. Please pass my thanks to Bob and Darren as well. Of course we have to thank Ray Kimber for sponsoring the room. :thumb:

Mike

BradJudy

« Reply #2 on: 26 Oct 2006, 01:00 am »
Pjay,

I only made it to the amp A/B and peak power demos.  Both were interesting. 

In pie-in-the-sky world, it would be very interesting to have a computer or data logger on the peak power demo that would allow you to overlay the two measurements into a single graph. 

I heard that there was also a demo of a soft clipping circuit at other times that was rather enlightening. 

I definitely encourage this type of informative session for future events. 

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #3 on: 26 Oct 2006, 01:11 am »
Peter,
I think I attended all the sessions over the three days.  I thought that each was very informative and wish many more audiophiles had a chance to see and hear demo's like this.   Thanks to you, Bob and Darren for going to all the effort to put this on.   :thumb:

My only comment would be for Darren to add the baffle step diffraction demo to his talk.  That impromptu demo was the best visualization of the effect I have seen.

Ray Kimber is really helping the audio community with things like this.  The Isomike demonstration was another major effort that he footed, where most of the proceeds go Weber college.   Hopefully many folks will learn from him about helping to teach what this hobby is all about from the technical side to new folks interested.