speaker cables length

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Re: speaker cables length
« Reply #40 on: 7 Feb 2023, 01:01 am »
BTW, are we supposed to believe that it is impossible for you to locate your equipment no closer than 40 ft. from your speakers? I mean, seriously.
I have a relatively small living room for my Magnepan 20.7 speakers. I have my equipment rack at the side of my listening chair I can reach back over and turn the volume with my hand while listening.
The interconnect from my preamp, to reach my amp has to be seven meters. To reach around down back up along under over along the wall and to amp.(also to avoid power cords nearby) The line of sight from pre to amp is only half that.
To place the rack between the speakers is like 'sacrilege!! anyway...
The best arrangement i have found is along a bit behind my listening area, freestanding away from the wall. (I have a big PS-600 regenerator between the rack and wall anyway.
A somewhat bigger room it could easily mean a 40' XLR to snake around from pre to amp.

Zigue

Re: speaker cables length
« Reply #41 on: 7 Feb 2023, 02:47 pm »
Dear all,
Thanks a lot for your answers and suggestions. I appreciate it. I implemented option 2 (25 feet XLR interconnect cables between the BP26 and the 4BSST2 and shorter speaker cables from the amp to the speakers). The result is great. I will borrow long speaker cables to test option 1 next weekend and make direct comparisons. I will also post pictures of the system.
Thank you very much once again.