Only two models now listed on the Spatial Audio Website

mrotino332

I just noticed only the X4 and M4 are now available.   This is a little strange to see only one model from each line, hope everything is ok.

morganc

Re: Only two models now listed on the Spatial Audio Website
« Reply #1 on: 31 Oct 2022, 01:44 pm »
Likely supply chain and economics. It took 6 months last year for me to get a replacement amp on the X-3 after it failed. 

mrotino332

« Reply #2 on: 31 Oct 2022, 02:20 pm »
I hope you are right, I'm a little concerned as now there are only two models when there used to be many more.

newzooreview

« Reply #3 on: 31 Oct 2022, 03:01 pm »
The M3 Sapphire has not been available to order on the website for a few months. It's almost certainly is a supply chain issue. Obviously this has been an issue for a lot of audio companies. The UpTone EtherRegen, as one of many examples, was taken out of production months ago and they are having to design a new version with parts they can actually obtain.

Mr. Big

« Reply #4 on: 1 Nov 2022, 03:35 pm »
Well, hopefully, Spatial will have parts available even if they are a different brand for the speakers we have purchased. What happens if someone blows a tweeter in the M series present and past models, what is Spatial going to do to help their customers? Woofers also. The good thing is with the design you should be able to take out one tweeter and install say the new one they use that is silk dome, even if that meant you have to buy a new crossover box to replace the current one on your speakers. The power of large established companies do give you peace of mind. Dynaudio, B&W etc. Clayton a good guy so I am sure he has a plan in place to offer upgrades if needed. 

mark6172021

« Reply #5 on: 1 Nov 2022, 03:56 pm »
I have tried to get information about their offerings from Spatial Audio twice in the last 6 months via email as per their website. In both cases, I am yet to receive a response. It seems that nobody is "listening", as it were. It has made me wonder about the health of their operation. I decided to move on and seek other vendors.

newzooreview

« Reply #6 on: 1 Nov 2022, 05:27 pm »
For what it's worth, I had a Sapphire mid/tweeter go out over the summer and quickly received a replacement from Spatial Audio. My sense (assumption) is that a stock of spare parts exists regardless of supply chain delays that might effect new order availability.

I also received an e-mail from Clayton in the past week, likely sent to a number of folks, explaining a couple of back to back health issues this year that have hindered work, with things now back on track.